In order to comply with federal requirements and those of the Wyoming State Board of Nursing, CNA classes in Wyoming must offer at least 75 hours of training with 16 hours of this allotment spent in clinical study at a local health care facility. For those students who are able to dedicate themselves full-time, this typically equates to between 5 and 8 weeks of study. The prerequisites for being admitted to an accredited CNA course in the state are usually high school diploma or GED, being at least 16 years of age, and having no criminal convictions.
Once an individual has completed the required training, he or she must pass the Wyoming version of the NNAAP certification exam within 24 months. If the person is unable to pass the exam in this time frame, it will be necessary to repeat all previous training before attempting the test again. Gaining employment in Wyoming requires a CNA to be listed in the Wyoming Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to their comparatively high population densities, most CNA classes in Wyoming are offered in Laramie and Cheyenne.
CNA Jobs in Wyoming
2011 Employment: 3,030
2018 Projected Employment: 3,900
CNA Salary in Wyoming
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.25
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,570
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Wyoming
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from the Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences in as few as 20 months. As a student, you will attend live online classes and gain clinical experience at sites in or near your community, secured with the assistance of a dedicated clinical placement team. Accredited by CCNE, the program offers part-time and full-time options to prepare you for certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!