In order to comply with federal requirements and those of the Wyoming State Board of Nursing, CNA classes in Wyoming must offer at least 75 hours of training with 16 hours of this allotment spent in clinical study at a local health care facility. For those students who are able to dedicate themselves full-time, this typically equates to between 5 and 8 weeks of study. The prerequisites for being admitted to an accredited CNA course in the state are usually high school diploma or GED, being at least 16 years of age, and having no criminal convictions.
Once an individual has completed the required training, he or she must pass the Wyoming version of the NNAAP certification exam within 24 months. If the person is unable to pass the exam in this time frame, it will be necessary to repeat all previous training before attempting the test again. Gaining employment in Wyoming requires a CNA to be listed in the Wyoming Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to their comparatively high population densities, most CNA classes in Wyoming are offered in Laramie and Cheyenne.
CNA Jobs in Wyoming
2011 Employment: 3,030
2018 Projected Employment: 3,900
CNA Salary in Wyoming
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.25
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,570
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Wyoming
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!