The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources accredits all CNA classes in West Virginia that meet the state requirement of 120 hours of training. Those hours must also include at least 55 hours of hands-on skills training in a clinical environment. For those students who are able to commit themselves to the program full-time, the mandated hours can usually be completed in 8 to 13 weeks. Admission requirements typically include a clean criminal background, a high school diploma or GED, and being at least 18 years of age.
As soon as a student has completed an accredited training program, he or she has two years in which to pass the NNAAP certification exam. Passing scores on both the skills and knowledge sections of the test in order to receive an overall passing score. Failure to pass this exam within the 24-month window will require the individual to go through all prior training again. To become eligible for employment as a CNA, a person needs to be registered with the West Virginia Nurse Aide Registry.
To accommodate growing demand for nurses aides across the state, accredited CNA classes in West Virginia are offered in Charleston and Huntington.
CNA Jobs in West Virginia
2011 Employment: 8,230
2018 Projected Employment: 10,550
CNA Salary in West Virginia
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.38
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,590
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in West Virginia
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.