The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources accredits all CNA classes in West Virginia that meet the state requirement of 120 hours of training. Those hours must also include at least 55 hours of hands-on skills training in a clinical environment. For those students who are able to commit themselves to the program full-time, the mandated hours can usually be completed in 8 to 13 weeks. Admission requirements typically include a clean criminal background, a high school diploma or GED, and being at least 18 years of age.
As soon as a student has completed an accredited training program, he or she has two years in which to pass the NNAAP certification exam. Passing scores on both the skills and knowledge sections of the test in order to receive an overall passing score. Failure to pass this exam within the 24-month window will require the individual to go through all prior training again. To become eligible for employment as a CNA, a person needs to be registered with the West Virginia Nurse Aide Registry.
To accommodate growing demand for nurses aides across the state, accredited CNA classes in West Virginia are offered in Charleston and Huntington.
CNA Jobs in West Virginia
2011 Employment: 8,230
2018 Projected Employment: 10,550
CNA Salary in West Virginia
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.38
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,590
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in West Virginia
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!