The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources accredits all CNA classes in West Virginia that meet the state requirement of 120 hours of training. Those hours must also include at least 55 hours of hands-on skills training in a clinical environment. For those students who are able to commit themselves to the program full-time, the mandated hours can usually be completed in 8 to 13 weeks. Admission requirements typically include a clean criminal background, a high school diploma or GED, and being at least 18 years of age.
As soon as a student has completed an accredited training program, he or she has two years in which to pass the NNAAP certification exam. Passing scores on both the skills and knowledge sections of the test in order to receive an overall passing score. Failure to pass this exam within the 24-month window will require the individual to go through all prior training again. To become eligible for employment as a CNA, a person needs to be registered with the West Virginia Nurse Aide Registry.
To accommodate growing demand for nurses aides across the state, accredited CNA classes in West Virginia are offered in Charleston and Huntington.
CNA Jobs in West Virginia
2011 Employment: 8,230
2018 Projected Employment: 10,550
CNA Salary in West Virginia
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.38
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,590
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in West Virginia
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant