The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources accredits all CNA classes in West Virginia that meet the state requirement of 120 hours of training. Those hours must also include at least 55 hours of hands-on skills training in a clinical environment. For those students who are able to commit themselves to the program full-time, the mandated hours can usually be completed in 8 to 13 weeks. Admission requirements typically include a clean criminal background, a high school diploma or GED, and being at least 18 years of age.
As soon as a student has completed an accredited training program, he or she has two years in which to pass the NNAAP certification exam. Passing scores on both the skills and knowledge sections of the test in order to receive an overall passing score. Failure to pass this exam within the 24-month window will require the individual to go through all prior training again. To become eligible for employment as a CNA, a person needs to be registered with the West Virginia Nurse Aide Registry.
To accommodate growing demand for nurses aides across the state, accredited CNA classes in West Virginia are offered in Charleston and Huntington.
CNA Jobs in West Virginia
2011 Employment: 8,230
2018 Projected Employment: 10,550
CNA Salary in West Virginia
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.38
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,590
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in West Virginia
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!