CNA classes in Washington that are accredited by the Washington State Department of Health are required to provide a minimum of 85 hours of training including 50 hours in a clinical practice setting. These hours can usually be completed by full-time program students in 6 to 12 weeks. Gaining admittance to an accredited course usually requires an individual to be at least 18 years of age, be a high school graduate (or hold a GED) and be able to clear a background check for specific criminal charges.
As soon as students complete their training, they become eligible to challenge the NNAAP exam for certification at any time in the next 24 months. A passing score on this exam requires the test taker to record a passing score on both the clinical and knowledge portions. Becoming eligible for hire as a CNA in Washington requires a person to be listed and in good standing in the Washington Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Washington are offered in Seattle, Spokane and all throughout Washington State.
CNA Jobs in Washington
2011 Employment: 23,710
2018 Projected Employment: 27,130
CNA Salary in Washington
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.50
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $28,080
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Washington
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Respiratory Therapy
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!