Accreditation with the Virginia Board of Nursing requires CNA classes in Virginia to include at least 120 hours of training (40 of which must come in a clinical setting) for their students. For those who are able to attend in a full-time capacity, completing an entire accredited program will usually take anywhere between 6 and 24 weeks. The most-common admission requirements for CNA courses in Virginia are a high school diploma, being at least 17 years of age, having current results of testing for TB, and clearing a criminal background check.
In order to become certified, CNA candidates must pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) at some point in the two-year period immediately after they complete their training. Individuals who are unable to pass both the skills and knowledge portions of this exam in the 24-month window are required to repeat all of their training before challenging for certification again. Once certified, a person must be listed with the Virginia Nurse Aide Registry in order to become eligible for employment.
There is a large number of accredited programs in Virginia, so finding CNA classes in Richmond, Roanoke, Hampton Roads, Lynchburg, Newport News, Charlottesville, Norfolk and Petersburg is quite easy.
CNA Jobs in Virginia
2011 Employment: 35,450
2018 Projected Employment: 45,060
CNA Salary in Virginia
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.50
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $23,930
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Virginia
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!