Accreditation with the Virginia Board of Nursing requires CNA classes in Virginia to include at least 120 hours of training (40 of which must come in a clinical setting) for their students. For those who are able to attend in a full-time capacity, completing an entire accredited program will usually take anywhere between 6 and 24 weeks. The most-common admission requirements for CNA courses in Virginia are a high school diploma, being at least 17 years of age, having current results of testing for TB, and clearing a criminal background check.
In order to become certified, CNA candidates must pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) at some point in the two-year period immediately after they complete their training. Individuals who are unable to pass both the skills and knowledge portions of this exam in the 24-month window are required to repeat all of their training before challenging for certification again. Once certified, a person must be listed with the Virginia Nurse Aide Registry in order to become eligible for employment.
There is a large number of accredited programs in Virginia, so finding CNA classes in Richmond, Roanoke, Hampton Roads, Lynchburg, Newport News, Charlottesville, Norfolk and Petersburg is quite easy.
CNA Jobs in Virginia
2011 Employment: 35,450
2018 Projected Employment: 45,060
CNA Salary in Virginia
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.50
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $23,930
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Virginia
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from the Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences in as few as 20 months. As a student, you will attend live online classes and gain clinical experience at sites in or near your community, secured with the assistance of a dedicated clinical placement team. Accredited by CCNE, the program offers part-time and full-time options to prepare you for certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!