Accreditation with the Virginia Board of Nursing requires CNA classes in Virginia to include at least 120 hours of training (40 of which must come in a clinical setting) for their students. For those who are able to attend in a full-time capacity, completing an entire accredited program will usually take anywhere between 6 and 24 weeks. The most-common admission requirements for CNA courses in Virginia are a high school diploma, being at least 17 years of age, having current results of testing for TB, and clearing a criminal background check.
In order to become certified, CNA candidates must pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) at some point in the two-year period immediately after they complete their training. Individuals who are unable to pass both the skills and knowledge portions of this exam in the 24-month window are required to repeat all of their training before challenging for certification again. Once certified, a person must be listed with the Virginia Nurse Aide Registry in order to become eligible for employment.
There is a large number of accredited programs in Virginia, so finding CNA classes in Richmond, Roanoke, Hampton Roads, Lynchburg, Newport News, Charlottesville, Norfolk and Petersburg is quite easy.
CNA Jobs in Virginia
2011 Employment: 35,450
2018 Projected Employment: 45,060
CNA Salary in Virginia
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.50
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $23,930
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Virginia
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Build a better future for yourself—and the world. This is the place where students graduate not only poised for career success—but also ready to make a difference in their communities.
- Post Masters Certificate Nursing
- Doctoral Nursing
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!