CNA classes in Vermont that are accredited by the Vermont State Board of Nursing are required to feature at least 75 hours of instruction with both clinical hours and classroom lecture time included. Full-time students can usually complete these programs in 5 to 8 months. Program prerequisites generally entail a high school diploma or GED certificate, being at least 18 years of age and clearing a criminal background screening. Certain programs may also have their own requirements in addition to these.
The most-important step in the certification process for CNA candidates is sitting for the NNAAP certification exam or another state-approved test. Program graduates have 24 months to pass this two-part exam once they’ve completed their training. In order to become employed as a CNA, an individual must be listed in the Vermont Nurse Aide Registry.
Students who are looking for accredited programs that can help them capitalize on the state’s growing need for nurses aid can find a vareity of CNA classes in Burlington.
CNA Jobs in Vermont
2011 Employment: 2,990
2018 Projected Employment: 3,450
CNA Salary in Vermont
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.33
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $25,650
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Vermont
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from the Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences in as few as 20 months. As a student, you will attend live online classes and gain clinical experience at sites in or near your community, secured with the assistance of a dedicated clinical placement team. Accredited by CCNE, the program offers part-time and full-time options to prepare you for certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!