CNA classes in Vermont that are accredited by the Vermont State Board of Nursing are required to feature at least 75 hours of instruction with both clinical hours and classroom lecture time included. Full-time students can usually complete these programs in 5 to 8 months. Program prerequisites generally entail a high school diploma or GED certificate, being at least 18 years of age and clearing a criminal background screening. Certain programs may also have their own requirements in addition to these.
The most-important step in the certification process for CNA candidates is sitting for the NNAAP certification exam or another state-approved test. Program graduates have 24 months to pass this two-part exam once they’ve completed their training. In order to become employed as a CNA, an individual must be listed in the Vermont Nurse Aide Registry.
Students who are looking for accredited programs that can help them capitalize on the state’s growing need for nurses aid can find a vareity of CNA classes in Burlington.
CNA Jobs in Vermont
2011 Employment: 2,990
2018 Projected Employment: 3,450
CNA Salary in Vermont
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.33
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $25,650
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Vermont
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice