Accredited CNA classes in Utah are required to meet the federal minimum of 75 hours of instruction and include at least 16 hours of clinical skills training as well. Most full-time program participants will complete their training in 5 to 8 weeks. The admission requirements for these courses usually stipulate that an individual must have a high school degree or equivalent certificate, be at least 18 years old and clear a criminal background check.
Once a student has graduated from an accredited CNA course, he or she is eligible to take the NNAAP or any other state-sanctioned certification exam for a period of two years. If a student is unable to pass the exam in this time, he or she is required to repeat all of their prior training. To become employed as a CNA, it is necessary to be listed in the Utah Nurse Aide Registry.
To meet increasing demand for nurses aides across the state, a variety of accredited CNA classes in Salt Lake City and throughout Utah County.
CNA Jobs in Utah
2011 Employment: 10,190
2018 Projected Employment: 13,260
CNA Salary in Utah
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.87
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,610
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Utah
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager® College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!