Accredited CNA classes in Utah are required to meet the federal minimum of 75 hours of instruction and include at least 16 hours of clinical skills training as well. Most full-time program participants will complete their training in 5 to 8 weeks. The admission requirements for these courses usually stipulate that an individual must have a high school degree or equivalent certificate, be at least 18 years old and clear a criminal background check.
Once a student has graduated from an accredited CNA course, he or she is eligible to take the NNAAP or any other state-sanctioned certification exam for a period of two years. If a student is unable to pass the exam in this time, he or she is required to repeat all of their prior training. To become employed as a CNA, it is necessary to be listed in the Utah Nurse Aide Registry.
To meet increasing demand for nurses aides across the state, a variety of accredited CNA classes in Salt Lake City and throughout Utah County.
CNA Jobs in Utah
2011 Employment: 10,190
2018 Projected Employment: 13,260
CNA Salary in Utah
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.87
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,610
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Utah
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager® College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Put Your Finger on The Pulse. Find The Program That Beats For You!
- Get Matched to Medical Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
- With Flexible Online and On Campus Options, We Have A Program That’s Perfect for You