Accredited CNA classes in Utah are required to meet the federal minimum of 75 hours of instruction and include at least 16 hours of clinical skills training as well. Most full-time program participants will complete their training in 5 to 8 weeks. The admission requirements for these courses usually stipulate that an individual must have a high school degree or equivalent certificate, be at least 18 years old and clear a criminal background check.
Once a student has graduated from an accredited CNA course, he or she is eligible to take the NNAAP or any other state-sanctioned certification exam for a period of two years. If a student is unable to pass the exam in this time, he or she is required to repeat all of their prior training. To become employed as a CNA, it is necessary to be listed in the Utah Nurse Aide Registry.
To meet increasing demand for nurses aides across the state, a variety of accredited CNA classes in Salt Lake City and throughout Utah County.
CNA Jobs in Utah
2011 Employment: 10,190
2018 Projected Employment: 13,260
CNA Salary in Utah
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.87
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,610
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Utah
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Dental Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!