To be accredited by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services, CNA classes in Texas must meet the federal minimum of 75 hours of instruction and 16 hours of clinical training as part of their curricula. These requirements usually take a minimum of 8 weeks to complete, but can usually be finished sooner by full-time students. Admission requirements for most programs include a clean criminal record, a high school diploma or GED (although this is not a state requirement) and the candidate being at least 18 years of age at the time of enrollment.
In order to become a CNA in Texas, students must pass the NNAAP within 24 months of finishing their training. If an individual is unable to accomplish this within the specified time frame, he or she must retake all of their CNA courses before becoming eligible for testing again. To be considered eligible for hire in the State of Texas, a CNA candidate is required to be registered in the Texas Nurse Aide Registry.
To meet the expected 20%-plus increase in demand for nurses aides in Texas over the next decade, there are currently accredited programs offering CNA classes in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Amarillo, Killeen, Tyler, Beaumont and El Paso.
View Larger Map
CNA Jobs in Texas
2011 Employment: 94,120
2018 Projected Employment: 126,160
CNA Salary in Texas
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.82
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,510
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Texas
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- And more...
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Quest College is dedicated to providing career-focused, accessible education and helping individuals get the training, experience and support for the Allied Health and business industries.