Tennessee’s Department of Health and federal regulations mandate that CNA classes in Tennessee consist of at least 75 hours of instruction and include in those hours a minimum of 16 hours of clinical lab training. Full-time students can usually complete these training requirements in 5 to 8 weeks time. Gaining admission to an accredited CNA course demands that an applicant hold either a high school diploma or GED, be at least 18 years old and clear a criminal background screening.
Once a CNA candidate has completed his or her training program, they will be eligible to take the Tennessee CNA Certification Exam or any other recognized test (e.g. NNAAP) for a period of 24 months. The student must pass both the clinical and theory-based portions of the exam during this time frame, or he or she will be required to repeat their training. To secure employment as a CNA, candidates must be registered in the Tennessee Nurse Aide Registry.
Nurses aides are in high demand across the state of Tennessee, so students can easily find accredited CNA classes in Knoxville, Memphis, Nashville, Johnson City, Clarksville, Chattanooga, Jackson and several other locations as well.
CNA Jobs in Tennessee
2011 Employment: 30,330
2018 Projected Employment: 35,800
CNA Salary in Tennessee
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.72
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,290
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Tennessee
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Nursing Field
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future
- Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!