Between federal requirements and those of the South Dakota Board of Nursing, CNA classes in South Dakota must include at least 75 hours of total instruction, with 16 hours dedicated to hands-on clinical skills development. Most full-time students will find that these hours can be completed in between 5 and 8 weeks. Requirements for admittance to these programs usually includes a high school diploma or GED, a criminal background check and the applicant being at least 18 years of age.
Program graduates must pass the NNAAP or any other state-recognized certification exam within 24 months of completing their training. Failure to do so will result in the CNA candidate being required to retake all previous courses in their entirety. Gaining employment in South Dakota also requires certified nursing assistants to be listed in the South Dakota Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in South Dakota’s largest cities, CNA classes in Sioux Falls and Rapid City make-up the majority of the state’s accredited programs.
CNA Jobs in South Dakota
2011 Employment: 6,120
2018 Projected Employment: n/a
CNA Salary in South Dakota
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.09
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $23,060
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in South Dakota
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from the Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences in as few as 20 months. As a student, you will attend live online classes and gain clinical experience at sites in or near your community, secured with the assistance of a dedicated clinical placement team. Accredited by CCNE, the program offers part-time and full-time options to prepare you for certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!