Between federal requirements and those of the South Dakota Board of Nursing, CNA classes in South Dakota must include at least 75 hours of total instruction, with 16 hours dedicated to hands-on clinical skills development. Most full-time students will find that these hours can be completed in between 5 and 8 weeks. Requirements for admittance to these programs usually includes a high school diploma or GED, a criminal background check and the applicant being at least 18 years of age.
Program graduates must pass the NNAAP or any other state-recognized certification exam within 24 months of completing their training. Failure to do so will result in the CNA candidate being required to retake all previous courses in their entirety. Gaining employment in South Dakota also requires certified nursing assistants to be listed in the South Dakota Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in South Dakota’s largest cities, CNA classes in Sioux Falls and Rapid City make-up the majority of the state’s accredited programs.
CNA Jobs in South Dakota
2011 Employment: 6,120
2018 Projected Employment: n/a
CNA Salary in South Dakota
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.09
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $23,060
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in South Dakota
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!