Between federal requirements and those of the South Dakota Board of Nursing, CNA classes in South Dakota must include at least 75 hours of total instruction, with 16 hours dedicated to hands-on clinical skills development. Most full-time students will find that these hours can be completed in between 5 and 8 weeks. Requirements for admittance to these programs usually includes a high school diploma or GED, a criminal background check and the applicant being at least 18 years of age.
Program graduates must pass the NNAAP or any other state-recognized certification exam within 24 months of completing their training. Failure to do so will result in the CNA candidate being required to retake all previous courses in their entirety. Gaining employment in South Dakota also requires certified nursing assistants to be listed in the South Dakota Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in South Dakota’s largest cities, CNA classes in Sioux Falls and Rapid City make-up the majority of the state’s accredited programs.
CNA Jobs in South Dakota
2011 Employment: 6,120
2018 Projected Employment: n/a
CNA Salary in South Dakota
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.09
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $23,060
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in South Dakota
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.