The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services mandates that accredited CNA classes in South Carolina include 100 hours of clinical work experience with the federally-mandated 75 hours of instruction in their programs. These requirements can take students anywhere from 8 to 24 months to complete depending on whether or not they maintain full-time status. Prerequisites for admission generally consist of a criminal background check, screening for TB, and a high school diploma or equivalent.
Graduates from accredited CNA programs have 24 months to sit for and pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) and acquire their certification. If an individual fails to do this during the allocated time frame, he or she must repeat all of their training. To become eligible for hire, certified nursing assistants must also be listed in the South Carolina Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to the particularly heavy demand for nurses aides in those areas, CNA classes in South Carolina are mostly offered in Columbia and Charleston.
CNA Jobs in South Carolina
2011 Employment: 19,850
2018 Projected Employment: 23,400
CNA Salary in South Carolina
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.45
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,730
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in South Carolina
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
- And more...
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte Tech!
- Medical Clinical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Put Your Finger on The Pulse. Find The Program That Beats For You!
- Get Matched to Medical Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
- With Flexible Online and On Campus Options, We Have A Program That’s Perfect for You