The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services mandates that accredited CNA classes in South Carolina include 100 hours of clinical work experience with the federally-mandated 75 hours of instruction in their programs. These requirements can take students anywhere from 8 to 24 months to complete depending on whether or not they maintain full-time status. Prerequisites for admission generally consist of a criminal background check, screening for TB, and a high school diploma or equivalent.
Graduates from accredited CNA programs have 24 months to sit for and pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) and acquire their certification. If an individual fails to do this during the allocated time frame, he or she must repeat all of their training. To become eligible for hire, certified nursing assistants must also be listed in the South Carolina Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to the particularly heavy demand for nurses aides in those areas, CNA classes in South Carolina are mostly offered in Columbia and Charleston.
CNA Jobs in South Carolina
2011 Employment: 19,850
2018 Projected Employment: 23,400
CNA Salary in South Carolina
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.45
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,730
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in South Carolina
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!