The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services mandates that accredited CNA classes in South Carolina include 100 hours of clinical work experience with the federally-mandated 75 hours of instruction in their programs. These requirements can take students anywhere from 8 to 24 months to complete depending on whether or not they maintain full-time status. Prerequisites for admission generally consist of a criminal background check, screening for TB, and a high school diploma or equivalent.
Graduates from accredited CNA programs have 24 months to sit for and pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) and acquire their certification. If an individual fails to do this during the allocated time frame, he or she must repeat all of their training. To become eligible for hire, certified nursing assistants must also be listed in the South Carolina Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to the particularly heavy demand for nurses aides in those areas, CNA classes in South Carolina are mostly offered in Columbia and Charleston.
CNA Jobs in South Carolina
2011 Employment: 19,850
2018 Projected Employment: 23,400
CNA Salary in South Carolina
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.45
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,730
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in South Carolina
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!