Standards for accreditation for CNA classes in Rhode Island are slightly higher than in some states, with programs required to include at least 100 hours of instruction (20 of which must be devoted to clinical training) in order to satisfy requirements of the State of Rhode Island Department of Health. For full-time students, these hours usually require 8 to 13 weeks to complete. Prerequisites for accredited CNA courses often consist of a high school diploma or GED certificate, clearing a criminal background check and being at least 18 years old.
As soon as students complete their training, they become eligible to sit for the NNAAP certification exam at any time in the subsequent 24 months. If a CNA candidate is unable to pass both the written and skills portions of the test during this period, he or she will have to repeat their courses from the beginning. To gain employment as a certified nurses aide in Rhode Island, it is also necessary to be listed in the Rhode Island Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in Rhode Island’s health care facilities, one can find many accredited CNA classes in Providence and its surrounding area.
CNA Jobs in Rhode Island
2011 Employment: 9,250
2018 Projected Employment: 9,130
CNA Salary in Rhode Island
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.61
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $28,310
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Rhode Island
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!