Standards for accreditation for CNA classes in Rhode Island are slightly higher than in some states, with programs required to include at least 100 hours of instruction (20 of which must be devoted to clinical training) in order to satisfy requirements of the State of Rhode Island Department of Health. For full-time students, these hours usually require 8 to 13 weeks to complete. Prerequisites for accredited CNA courses often consist of a high school diploma or GED certificate, clearing a criminal background check and being at least 18 years old.
As soon as students complete their training, they become eligible to sit for the NNAAP certification exam at any time in the subsequent 24 months. If a CNA candidate is unable to pass both the written and skills portions of the test during this period, he or she will have to repeat their courses from the beginning. To gain employment as a certified nurses aide in Rhode Island, it is also necessary to be listed in the Rhode Island Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in Rhode Island’s health care facilities, one can find many accredited CNA classes in Providence and its surrounding area.
CNA Jobs in Rhode Island
2011 Employment: 9,250
2018 Projected Employment: 9,130
CNA Salary in Rhode Island
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.61
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $28,310
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Rhode Island
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!