To maintain fully-accredited status at the federal level and with the state Board of Nursing, CNA classes in Pennsylvania must include a minimum of 75 hours of study. Most schools in the state exceed this total, and full-time program participants should expect their training to require an average of 8 to 13 weeks to complete. In order to be accepted into an accredited certified nursing program, applicants generally must have a high school diploma or GED, have proof of a recent TB test, clear a criminal background screening, and be at least 18 years old.
To become certified as a CNA in Pennsylvania, candidates must pass the NNAAP exam within 24 months of completing their training courses. A passing score on both the clinical skills demonstration and multiple-choice knowledge portions of the test is needed in order to receive an overall passing score. If an individual is unable to pass the exam in the prescribed time period, he or she will be required to repeat all prior training. To become employed as a CNA, the person must then get registered in the Pennsylvania Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Pennsylvania’s rapidly expanding demand for certified nurses aides has led to a boom in accredited CNA classes in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Erie, Harrisburg and many other cities and towns around the state.
CNA Jobs in Pennsylvania
2011 Employment: 72,330
2018 Projected Employment: 88,450
CNA Salary in Pennsylvania
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.08
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,200
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Pennsylvania
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Nurse Aide
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Office Technology - Medical - Associate in Specialized Business
- Respiratory Therapy
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)