To maintain fully-accredited status at the federal level and with the state Board of Nursing, CNA classes in Pennsylvania must include a minimum of 75 hours of study. Most schools in the state exceed this total, and full-time program participants should expect their training to require an average of 8 to 13 weeks to complete. In order to be accepted into an accredited certified nursing program, applicants generally must have a high school diploma or GED, have proof of a recent TB test, clear a criminal background screening, and be at least 18 years old.
To become certified as a CNA in Pennsylvania, candidates must pass the NNAAP exam within 24 months of completing their training courses. A passing score on both the clinical skills demonstration and multiple-choice knowledge portions of the test is needed in order to receive an overall passing score. If an individual is unable to pass the exam in the prescribed time period, he or she will be required to repeat all prior training. To become employed as a CNA, the person must then get registered in the Pennsylvania Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Pennsylvania’s rapidly expanding demand for certified nurses aides has led to a boom in accredited CNA classes in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Erie, Harrisburg and many other cities and towns around the state.
CNA Jobs in Pennsylvania
2011 Employment: 72,330
2018 Projected Employment: 88,450
CNA Salary in Pennsylvania
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.08
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,200
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Pennsylvania
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Associate Degree-Medical Assistant
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Clinical Assistant
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Respiratory Therapy
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting