To maintain fully-accredited status at the federal level and with the state Board of Nursing, CNA classes in Pennsylvania must include a minimum of 75 hours of study. Most schools in the state exceed this total, and full-time program participants should expect their training to require an average of 8 to 13 weeks to complete. In order to be accepted into an accredited certified nursing program, applicants generally must have a high school diploma or GED, have proof of a recent TB test, clear a criminal background screening, and be at least 18 years old.
To become certified as a CNA in Pennsylvania, candidates must pass the NNAAP exam within 24 months of completing their training courses. A passing score on both the clinical skills demonstration and multiple-choice knowledge portions of the test is needed in order to receive an overall passing score. If an individual is unable to pass the exam in the prescribed time period, he or she will be required to repeat all prior training. To become employed as a CNA, the person must then get registered in the Pennsylvania Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Pennsylvania’s rapidly expanding demand for certified nurses aides has led to a boom in accredited CNA classes in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Erie, Harrisburg and many other cities and towns around the state.
CNA Jobs in Pennsylvania
2011 Employment: 72,330
2018 Projected Employment: 88,450
CNA Salary in Pennsylvania
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.08
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,200
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Pennsylvania
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Respiratory Therapy
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.