In order for CNA classes in Oregon to maintain accredited status at both the state and federal levels, they must offer at least 75 hours of combined clinical and theoretical training. For the average full-time student, this equates to an average of 8 to 13 weeks of study. Gaining acceptance into one of these courses typically requires program participants to have a high school diploma or GED, pass a national criminal background check, and be 18 years or older.
When students have completed their accredited training, they will have 24 months to challenge the Oregon Nursing Assistant Level 1 Testing Program. If the CNA candidate is unable to pass both halves of this two-part test (consisting of skills demonstration and multiple-choice sections) during this time, he or she will be required to repeat their training. Gaining employment as a CNA in Oregon requires a person to be currently listed in the Oregon Nurse Aide Registry.
Students looking to capitalize on Oregon’s growing need for certified nurses aides will find that the state’s greatest concentration of CNA classes in Portland.
CNA Jobs in Oregon
2011 Employment: 13,340
2018 Projected Employment: 15,950
CNA Salary in Oregon
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.73
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $26,470
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Oregon
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager® College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!