In order for CNA classes in Oregon to maintain accredited status at both the state and federal levels, they must offer at least 75 hours of combined clinical and theoretical training. For the average full-time student, this equates to an average of 8 to 13 weeks of study. Gaining acceptance into one of these courses typically requires program participants to have a high school diploma or GED, pass a national criminal background check, and be 18 years or older.
When students have completed their accredited training, they will have 24 months to challenge the Oregon Nursing Assistant Level 1 Testing Program. If the CNA candidate is unable to pass both halves of this two-part test (consisting of skills demonstration and multiple-choice sections) during this time, he or she will be required to repeat their training. Gaining employment as a CNA in Oregon requires a person to be currently listed in the Oregon Nurse Aide Registry.
Students looking to capitalize on Oregon’s growing need for certified nurses aides will find that the state’s greatest concentration of CNA classes in Portland.
CNA Jobs in Oregon
2011 Employment: 13,340
2018 Projected Employment: 15,950
CNA Salary in Oregon
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.73
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $26,470
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Oregon
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager® College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!