In order for CNA classes in Oregon to maintain accredited status at both the state and federal levels, they must offer at least 75 hours of combined clinical and theoretical training. For the average full-time student, this equates to an average of 8 to 13 weeks of study. Gaining acceptance into one of these courses typically requires program participants to have a high school diploma or GED, pass a national criminal background check, and be 18 years or older.
When students have completed their accredited training, they will have 24 months to challenge the Oregon Nursing Assistant Level 1 Testing Program. If the CNA candidate is unable to pass both halves of this two-part test (consisting of skills demonstration and multiple-choice sections) during this time, he or she will be required to repeat their training. Gaining employment as a CNA in Oregon requires a person to be currently listed in the Oregon Nurse Aide Registry.
Students looking to capitalize on Oregon’s growing need for certified nurses aides will find that the state’s greatest concentration of CNA classes in Portland.
CNA Jobs in Oregon
2011 Employment: 13,340
2018 Projected Employment: 15,950
CNA Salary in Oregon
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.73
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $26,470
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Oregon
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assistant
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
You can get started on a new career with Institute of Technology. We offer diploma and associate degree programs for careers in the culinary, technical, medical, business, and legal fields.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.iot.edu/disclosure.
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Practical Nursing
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Founded more than 130 years ago by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne has grown to become one of the nation's top Catholic universities. The school’s mission is to provide a well-rounded education that challenges students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development. Today, Duquesne is home to 10 schools of study and serves more than 10,000 students.