To maintain full accreditation through both the federal government and Oklahoma Health Care Authority, CNA classes in Oklahoma must consist of at least 75 hours of training and must also provide for 100 hours of clinical experience outside of the classroom. Full-time students can usually fulfill these requirements in 6 to 12 weeks. To be accepted into an accredited CNA course, applicants are generally required to pass a criminal background check, provide proof of recent TB tests, be at least 18 years old and have either a high school diploma or GED.
After a CNA candidate has completed the required training hours, he or she will be eligible for a period of 24 months to take the NNAAP certification test. Any person who is unable to pass both the clinical and multiple-choice portions of this exam with a score of 70% or higher on each before two years have passed will have to retake their training course from the beginning. To secure employment as a CNA within the state, an individual must also be registered with the Oklahoma Nurse Aide Registry.
CNA classes in Tulsa and Oklahoma City make-up the majority of the accredited training courses offered within the state of Oklahoma.
CNA Jobs in Oklahoma
2011 Employment: 21,310
2018 Projected Employment: 20,830
CNA Salary in Oklahoma
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.22
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,270
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Oklahoma
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!