To maintain full accreditation through both the federal government and Oklahoma Health Care Authority, CNA classes in Oklahoma must consist of at least 75 hours of training and must also provide for 100 hours of clinical experience outside of the classroom. Full-time students can usually fulfill these requirements in 6 to 12 weeks. To be accepted into an accredited CNA course, applicants are generally required to pass a criminal background check, provide proof of recent TB tests, be at least 18 years old and have either a high school diploma or GED.
After a CNA candidate has completed the required training hours, he or she will be eligible for a period of 24 months to take the NNAAP certification test. Any person who is unable to pass both the clinical and multiple-choice portions of this exam with a score of 70% or higher on each before two years have passed will have to retake their training course from the beginning. To secure employment as a CNA within the state, an individual must also be registered with the Oklahoma Nurse Aide Registry.
CNA classes in Tulsa and Oklahoma City make-up the majority of the accredited training courses offered within the state of Oklahoma.
CNA Jobs in Oklahoma
2011 Employment: 21,310
2018 Projected Employment: 20,830
CNA Salary in Oklahoma
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.22
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,270
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Oklahoma
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
At Platt College, we encourage our students to follow their passions, wherever they may lie, to find a career they love.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!