To maintain full accreditation through both the federal government and Oklahoma Health Care Authority, CNA classes in Oklahoma must consist of at least 75 hours of training and must also provide for 100 hours of clinical experience outside of the classroom. Full-time students can usually fulfill these requirements in 6 to 12 weeks. To be accepted into an accredited CNA course, applicants are generally required to pass a criminal background check, provide proof of recent TB tests, be at least 18 years old and have either a high school diploma or GED.
After a CNA candidate has completed the required training hours, he or she will be eligible for a period of 24 months to take the NNAAP certification test. Any person who is unable to pass both the clinical and multiple-choice portions of this exam with a score of 70% or higher on each before two years have passed will have to retake their training course from the beginning. To secure employment as a CNA within the state, an individual must also be registered with the Oklahoma Nurse Aide Registry.
CNA classes in Tulsa and Oklahoma City make-up the majority of the accredited training courses offered within the state of Oklahoma.
CNA Jobs in Oklahoma
2011 Employment: 21,310
2018 Projected Employment: 20,830
CNA Salary in Oklahoma
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.22
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,270
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Oklahoma
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Medical Assistant - Diploma
- Dental Assistant - Diploma
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!