Accredited CNA classes in Ohio must offer a minimum of 75 hours of instruction (including 16 in both clinical instruction and classroom study) in order to satisfy the requirements of the Ohio Department of Health and federal regulators. The average full-time student can usually finish his or her coursework in 8 to 13 weeks. To gain acceptance into an accredited program, an individual needs to hold a high school diploma or its equivalent and be at least 18 years of age. Some institutions may hold additional requirements as well.
Once a student has finished the required hours in a CNA program, he or she has 24 months in which to sit for and pass the NNAAP examination. Should a CNA candidate be unable to pass both the knowledge-based and skills-based portions of these nationally-recognized certification test in the specified time frame, it becomes necessary for him or her to repeat their training in full. To legally work as a CNA in the state, it is required that a person be registered with the Ohio Nurse Aide Registry.
With demand for nurses aides at a historic high across Ohio, students are able to find accredited CNA classes in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus and elsewhere with relative ease.
CNA Jobs in Ohio
2011 Employment: 75,180
2018 Projected Employment: 87,840
CNA Salary in Ohio
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.59
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $24,110
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Ohio
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Available programs include Health Administrative Services, Human, Social, and Health Services, Medical Billing Administration, and Medical Office Management.
- Professional financial aid advisors work with students individually to find the best financial aid solution.
- All programs are 100% online.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Medical Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!