Accredited CNA classes in Ohio must offer a minimum of 75 hours of instruction (including 16 in both clinical instruction and classroom study) in order to satisfy the requirements of the Ohio Department of Health and federal regulators. The average full-time student can usually finish his or her coursework in 8 to 13 weeks. To gain acceptance into an accredited program, an individual needs to hold a high school diploma or its equivalent and be at least 18 years of age. Some institutions may hold additional requirements as well.
Once a student has finished the required hours in a CNA program, he or she has 24 months in which to sit for and pass the NNAAP examination. Should a CNA candidate be unable to pass both the knowledge-based and skills-based portions of these nationally-recognized certification test in the specified time frame, it becomes necessary for him or her to repeat their training in full. To legally work as a CNA in the state, it is required that a person be registered with the Ohio Nurse Aide Registry.
With demand for nurses aides at a historic high across Ohio, students are able to find accredited CNA classes in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus and elsewhere with relative ease.
CNA Jobs in Ohio
2011 Employment: 75,180
2018 Projected Employment: 87,840
CNA Salary in Ohio
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.59
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $24,110
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Ohio
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AS in Medical Assisting
- AS in Medical Assisting with X-Ray Tech (Limited Scope)
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Medical Assisting - Associates Degree
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
Professional Skills Institute provides industry-modeled, hands-on medical training to prepare graduates for a new career as a Medical Office Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding Specialist, or Pharmacy Technician.
You could start your healthcare career in less time than you think! PSI is the choice for healthcare training that leads to employment.
- Practical Nursing
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Medical Assisting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!