Between the requirements of the North Dakota Department of Health and federal regulators, CNA classes in North Dakota must include no fewer than 75 hours of study with 16 hours dedicated to hands-on clinical experience and also provide for 100 hours of clinical rotation. This training usually takes the average full-time student approximately 8 to 13 weeks to complete. In order to be admitted to an accredited program, applicants must usually be a high school graduate or possess a GED, clear a background check and be 18 years of age.
When a student has completed his or her training, he or she is eligible to sit for the NNAAP certification exam for a period of two years. Should the individual fail to pass the test in this time, it becomes necessary for them to repeat all of their prior training from the beginning. Eligibility to work as a CNA in North Dakota further depends on being listed in the North Dakota Nurse Aide Registry.
With the greatest demand for nurses aides in North Dakota’s major metropolitan areas, CNA classes in Bismarck and Fargo represent the bulk of the state’s accredited programs.
CNA Jobs in North Dakota
2011 Employment: 6,580
2018 Projected Employment: 7,710
CNA Salary in North Dakota
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.58
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $26,160
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in North Dakota
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.