The State of New Jersey Department of Health combines with federal requirements to mandate that CNA classes in New Jersey meet a minimum of 75 hours of instruction. These hours are to include at least 16 hours in a clinical lab environment. The average full-time student can usually complete the required course material in 2 to 6 months. Prerequisites for enrolling in these courses usually include a clean criminal background check, a high school diploma or equivalent, and the individual being at least 18 years old.
Starting from the day that a student completes his or her CNA training course, he or she is eligible to sit for the NNAAP or any other recognized certification exam for a period of 24 months. If the student does not succeed in passing both the clinical and multiple-choice sections of the exam within this time period, it will be necessary to repeat all prior training. Gaining employment as a certified nursing assistant requires an individual to be registered in the New Jersey Nurse Aide Registry.
With the need highest for nurses aides near the state’s two largest cities, most CNA classes in New Jersey are offered in Newark and Trenton.
CNA Jobs in New Jersey
2011 Employment: 51,090
2018 Projected Employment: 58,500
CNA Salary in New Jersey
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.00
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,050
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in New Jersey
- Further Your Career with a Billing and Coding Diploma from Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Administration (MBA)
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Dental Assistant
The Berkeley Advantage®is part of a proven approach to career-focused education that can help students prepare for success.
- AAS in Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Assistant