For CNA classes in New Hampshire to maintain both federal and state accreditation, they must include at least 75 hours of instruction (16 of which is to occur in a clinical setting). These programs typically last from 8 to 13 weeks for full-time participants, and usually coordinate the additional New Hampshire state requirement of 100 hours of clinical rotation on behalf of their students. Admission to an accredited program requires the applicant to be at least 16 years of age, to pass a criminal background check and to hold either a high school diploma or GED. Additional requirements may also exist for select programs.
With 24 months of completing their training, CNA course graduates are required to take the NNAAP exam for certification. To receive a passing score on the test, it is required that an individual score at least a 70% on both the clinical skills and multiple-choice sections. If the certified nurses aide candidate fails to successfully pass both halves within two years of his or her last CNA course date, it will become necessary to repeat the training in its entirety. Becoming eligible for hire as a CNA in the state requires being included in the New Hampshire Nurse Aide Registry.
Demand for nurses aides is highest near the state’s main cities so most CNA classes in New Hampshire are offered near Manchester and Nashua.
CNA Jobs in New Hampshire
2011 Employment: 8,650
2018 Projected Employment: 9,650
CNA Salary in New Hampshire
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.97
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $29,050
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in New Hampshire
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017