For CNA classes in New Hampshire to maintain both federal and state accreditation, they must include at least 75 hours of instruction (16 of which is to occur in a clinical setting). These programs typically last from 8 to 13 weeks for full-time participants, and usually coordinate the additional New Hampshire state requirement of 100 hours of clinical rotation on behalf of their students. Admission to an accredited program requires the applicant to be at least 16 years of age, to pass a criminal background check and to hold either a high school diploma or GED. Additional requirements may also exist for select programs.
With 24 months of completing their training, CNA course graduates are required to take the NNAAP exam for certification. To receive a passing score on the test, it is required that an individual score at least a 70% on both the clinical skills and multiple-choice sections. If the certified nurses aide candidate fails to successfully pass both halves within two years of his or her last CNA course date, it will become necessary to repeat the training in its entirety. Becoming eligible for hire as a CNA in the state requires being included in the New Hampshire Nurse Aide Registry.
Demand for nurses aides is highest near the state’s main cities so most CNA classes in New Hampshire are offered near Manchester and Nashua.
CNA Jobs in New Hampshire
2011 Employment: 8,650
2018 Projected Employment: 9,650
CNA Salary in New Hampshire
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.97
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $29,050
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in New Hampshire
- Professional Medical Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!