Accredited CNA classes in New York are required by federal law and the New York State Department of Health to include 100 hours of clinical rotation along with 75 hours of structured in-class study. For the typical full-time student, completing these requirements takes approximately 8 to 13 weeks. Gaining admission to an accredited program requires a high school diploma or equivalent, a background check and being at least 18 years old. Some additional requirements may exist for certain programs.
After a student has completed the required coursework and training hours, he or she can challenge for certification at any time in the next 24 months through the NYSDOH exam. Certified nursing candidates must post passing scores on both the clinical and knowledge-based portions of the exam in order to receive an overall passing grade. For a CNA to be eligible for hire in the state, he or she must additionally be listed in the New York State Nurse Aide Registry.
Nurses aides are being sought all throughout New York so students can find CNA classes in NYC, Rochester, Buffalo, and most other areas of the state.
View Larger Map
CNA Jobs in New York
2011 Employment: 101,650
2018 Projected Employment: 114,270
CNA Salary in New York
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $15.30
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $31,830
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in New York
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Dental Assisting
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
Over 450 Long Island companies have hired our graduates in the past year.
Hunter Business School was founded in 1972 for the purpose of providing quality career training through intensive and innovative programs. Hunter Business School’s mission is to provide students with the opportunity to receive a high quality education for the career best suited to their ability, interest and ambition. We are an educational environment characterized by high expectations and staffed by professionals who are knowledgeable, compassionate, creative, supportive and effective.
- Medical Assistant
- Physical Therapy Aide
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Respiratory Care
- AS - Physical Therapist Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)