The combined requirements of the New Mexico Human Services Department and federal regulations mandate that CNA classes in New Mexico consist of at least 75 total hours of instruction. This includes a minimum of 16 hours of hands-on clinical training. For full-time students, these hours can typically be completed in 6 to 12 weeks. Gaining acceptance into an accredited program requires applicants to have either a high school diploma or GED, pass a criminal background check, and be at least 18 years of age.
Upon completion of their training programs, students have a total of 24 months in which to take the NNAAP or other state-sanctioned certification exam. Test takers must pass both halves of the exam (multiple-choice and clinical skills demonstration) in order to receive an overall passing score and become certified. Eligibility to work as a CNA in the state additionally requires the person to be listed in the New Mexico Nurse Aide Registry.
Demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities is highest in the state’s capital and largest city so CNA classes in New Mexico are mainly offered in Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
CNA Jobs in New Mexico
2011 Employment: 6,650
2018 Projected Employment: 9,800
CNA Salary in New Mexico
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.08
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $25,140
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in New Mexico
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant - Diploma
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!