The combined requirements of the New Mexico Human Services Department and federal regulations mandate that CNA classes in New Mexico consist of at least 75 total hours of instruction. This includes a minimum of 16 hours of hands-on clinical training. For full-time students, these hours can typically be completed in 6 to 12 weeks. Gaining acceptance into an accredited program requires applicants to have either a high school diploma or GED, pass a criminal background check, and be at least 18 years of age.
Upon completion of their training programs, students have a total of 24 months in which to take the NNAAP or other state-sanctioned certification exam. Test takers must pass both halves of the exam (multiple-choice and clinical skills demonstration) in order to receive an overall passing score and become certified. Eligibility to work as a CNA in the state additionally requires the person to be listed in the New Mexico Nurse Aide Registry.
Demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities is highest in the state’s capital and largest city so CNA classes in New Mexico are mainly offered in Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
CNA Jobs in New Mexico
2011 Employment: 6,650
2018 Projected Employment: 9,800
CNA Salary in New Mexico
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.08
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $25,140
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in New Mexico
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!