The combined requirements of the New Mexico Human Services Department and federal regulations mandate that CNA classes in New Mexico consist of at least 75 total hours of instruction. This includes a minimum of 16 hours of hands-on clinical training. For full-time students, these hours can typically be completed in 6 to 12 weeks. Gaining acceptance into an accredited program requires applicants to have either a high school diploma or GED, pass a criminal background check, and be at least 18 years of age.
Upon completion of their training programs, students have a total of 24 months in which to take the NNAAP or other state-sanctioned certification exam. Test takers must pass both halves of the exam (multiple-choice and clinical skills demonstration) in order to receive an overall passing score and become certified. Eligibility to work as a CNA in the state additionally requires the person to be listed in the New Mexico Nurse Aide Registry.
Demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities is highest in the state’s capital and largest city so CNA classes in New Mexico are mainly offered in Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
CNA Jobs in New Mexico
2011 Employment: 6,650
2018 Projected Employment: 9,800
CNA Salary in New Mexico
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.08
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $25,140
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in New Mexico
- Medical Assistant-Associate
- Medical Assistant-Diploma
- Dental Assistant-Diploma
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online & CCNE Accredited MSN Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your MSN Degree in 2018? Find Master of Science in Nursing Programs Here
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online MSN Programs Within Minutes
- Get Matched to Online Nursing Degree Programs Today — It's Fast, Easy, and Free!