To satisfy the requirements of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, as well as federal guidelines, CNA classes in Nebraska must include a minimum of 75 hours of instruction. These class hours include at least 16 hours in a clinical setting, and can generally be completed by full-time students in 6 to 12 weeks. Prerequisites for admission to accredited programs usually state that the applicant be at least 16 years old, have a clear criminal record and be a high school graduate.
To become certified in Nebraska, a CNA candidate must pass the NNAAP certification exam within 24 months of completing his or her training course. If this time period expires before the individual succeeds in passing both the clinical and multiple-choice portions of the test, he or she will be forced to retake all previous training. Gaining employment as a CNA requires a person to be registered with the Nebraska Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in their local health care facilities, CNA classes in Nebraska are mainly offered in the cities of Omaha and Lincoln.
CNA Jobs in Nebraska
2011 Employment: 14,690
2018 Projected Employment: 17,460
CNA Salary in Nebraska
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.53
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $23,980
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Nebraska
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!