To satisfy the requirements of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, as well as federal guidelines, CNA classes in Nebraska must include a minimum of 75 hours of instruction. These class hours include at least 16 hours in a clinical setting, and can generally be completed by full-time students in 6 to 12 weeks. Prerequisites for admission to accredited programs usually state that the applicant be at least 16 years old, have a clear criminal record and be a high school graduate.
To become certified in Nebraska, a CNA candidate must pass the NNAAP certification exam within 24 months of completing his or her training course. If this time period expires before the individual succeeds in passing both the clinical and multiple-choice portions of the test, he or she will be forced to retake all previous training. Gaining employment as a CNA requires a person to be registered with the Nebraska Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in their local health care facilities, CNA classes in Nebraska are mainly offered in the cities of Omaha and Lincoln.
CNA Jobs in Nebraska
2011 Employment: 14,690
2018 Projected Employment: 17,460
CNA Salary in Nebraska
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.53
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $23,980
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Nebraska
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online & CCNE Accredited MSN Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your MSN Degree in 2018? Find Master of Science in Nursing Programs Here
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online MSN Programs Within Minutes
- Get Matched to Online Nursing Degree Programs Today — It's Fast, Easy, and Free!