To satisfy the requirements of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, as well as federal guidelines, CNA classes in Nebraska must include a minimum of 75 hours of instruction. These class hours include at least 16 hours in a clinical setting, and can generally be completed by full-time students in 6 to 12 weeks. Prerequisites for admission to accredited programs usually state that the applicant be at least 16 years old, have a clear criminal record and be a high school graduate.
To become certified in Nebraska, a CNA candidate must pass the NNAAP certification exam within 24 months of completing his or her training course. If this time period expires before the individual succeeds in passing both the clinical and multiple-choice portions of the test, he or she will be forced to retake all previous training. Gaining employment as a CNA requires a person to be registered with the Nebraska Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in their local health care facilities, CNA classes in Nebraska are mainly offered in the cities of Omaha and Lincoln.
CNA Jobs in Nebraska
2011 Employment: 14,690
2018 Projected Employment: 17,460
CNA Salary in Nebraska
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.53
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $23,980
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Nebraska
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!