To maintain accredited status, CNA classes in North Carolina must meet the federally-mandated minimum of 70 hours of training with at least 16 of those hours coming in a clinical setting. However, it is important to note that because North Carolina is a “challenge” state, it is possible to test for certification without attending a CNA program. Nonetheless, for students who wish to pursue formal training, the required coursework in accredited classes can usually be completed in 5 to 8 weeks. Acceptance into these programs usually requires only a clean criminal background check, a high school diploma or GED and proof of immunizations.
Students who want to challenge the NNAAP or North Carolina Nurse Aide I certification exams may do so at any time, but must pass both the clinical and multiple-choice sections of the test in order to receiving a passing score. Being eligible for hire requires a person to be currently registered and in good standing with the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry.
To meet the extremely high demand for certified nursing assistants within North Carolina, one can easily find accredited CNA classes in Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensborog, Wilmington and most other towns and cities across the state.
CNA Jobs in North Carolina
2011 Employment: 47,330
2018 Projected Employment: 55,850
CNA Salary in North Carolina
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.88
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,620
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in North Carolina
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller- Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Nursing Field
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future
- Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!