To maintain accredited status, CNA classes in North Carolina must meet the federally-mandated minimum of 70 hours of training with at least 16 of those hours coming in a clinical setting. However, it is important to note that because North Carolina is a “challenge” state, it is possible to test for certification without attending a CNA program. Nonetheless, for students who wish to pursue formal training, the required coursework in accredited classes can usually be completed in 5 to 8 weeks. Acceptance into these programs usually requires only a clean criminal background check, a high school diploma or GED and proof of immunizations.
Students who want to challenge the NNAAP or North Carolina Nurse Aide I certification exams may do so at any time, but must pass both the clinical and multiple-choice sections of the test in order to receiving a passing score. Being eligible for hire requires a person to be currently registered and in good standing with the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry.
To meet the extremely high demand for certified nursing assistants within North Carolina, one can easily find accredited CNA classes in Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensborog, Wilmington and most other towns and cities across the state.
CNA Jobs in North Carolina
2011 Employment: 47,330
2018 Projected Employment: 55,850
CNA Salary in North Carolina
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.88
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,620
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in North Carolina
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Dental Assistant Diploma
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!