To maintain accredited status, CNA classes in North Carolina must meet the federally-mandated minimum of 70 hours of training with at least 16 of those hours coming in a clinical setting. However, it is important to note that because North Carolina is a “challenge” state, it is possible to test for certification without attending a CNA program. Nonetheless, for students who wish to pursue formal training, the required coursework in accredited classes can usually be completed in 5 to 8 weeks. Acceptance into these programs usually requires only a clean criminal background check, a high school diploma or GED and proof of immunizations.
Students who want to challenge the NNAAP or North Carolina Nurse Aide I certification exams may do so at any time, but must pass both the clinical and multiple-choice sections of the test in order to receiving a passing score. Being eligible for hire requires a person to be currently registered and in good standing with the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry.
To meet the extremely high demand for certified nursing assistants within North Carolina, one can easily find accredited CNA classes in Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensborog, Wilmington and most other towns and cities across the state.
CNA Jobs in North Carolina
2011 Employment: 47,330
2018 Projected Employment: 55,850
CNA Salary in North Carolina
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.88
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,620
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in North Carolina
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller- Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Dental Assisting
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.