To maintain accredited status, CNA classes in North Carolina must meet the federally-mandated minimum of 70 hours of training with at least 16 of those hours coming in a clinical setting. However, it is important to note that because North Carolina is a “challenge” state, it is possible to test for certification without attending a CNA program. Nonetheless, for students who wish to pursue formal training, the required coursework in accredited classes can usually be completed in 5 to 8 weeks. Acceptance into these programs usually requires only a clean criminal background check, a high school diploma or GED and proof of immunizations.
Students who want to challenge the NNAAP or North Carolina Nurse Aide I certification exams may do so at any time, but must pass both the clinical and multiple-choice sections of the test in order to receiving a passing score. Being eligible for hire requires a person to be currently registered and in good standing with the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry.
To meet the extremely high demand for certified nursing assistants within North Carolina, one can easily find accredited CNA classes in Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensborog, Wilmington and most other towns and cities across the state.
CNA Jobs in North Carolina
2011 Employment: 47,330
2018 Projected Employment: 55,850
CNA Salary in North Carolina
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.88
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,620
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in North Carolina
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- And more...
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- BS Nursing
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Nursing (BS)