To maintain full accreditation, CNA classes in Montana must abide by DPHHS (Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services) federal requirements of at least 75 total hours of training for their students. This is broken down into 59 hours of classroom lecture and 16 hours of clinical training. Most full-time program participants can complete the required study in 5 to 8 weeks. Acceptance into an accredited CNA course usually requires the individual to be at least 18 years old and have either a high school diploma or its equivalent.
After a student has completed the mandatory training hours, he or she will be eligible to sit for the NNAAP certification exam or another state-sponsored test at any time in the next 24 months. If a student fails to pass both the skills demonstration and multiple-choice sections of this exam during that time, he or she will have to repeat all of their training. In order to be eligible for hire, a CNA must also be listed in the Montana Nurse Aide Registry.
Because of high demand for nurses aides in the surrounding area, CNA classes in Montana are mainly offered in Billings.
CNA Jobs in Montana
2011 Employment: 5,610
2018 Projected Employment: 6,490
CNA Salary in Montana
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.58
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $24,080
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Montana
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!