To maintain full accreditation, CNA classes in Montana must abide by DPHHS (Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services) federal requirements of at least 75 total hours of training for their students. This is broken down into 59 hours of classroom lecture and 16 hours of clinical training. Most full-time program participants can complete the required study in 5 to 8 weeks. Acceptance into an accredited CNA course usually requires the individual to be at least 18 years old and have either a high school diploma or its equivalent.
After a student has completed the mandatory training hours, he or she will be eligible to sit for the NNAAP certification exam or another state-sponsored test at any time in the next 24 months. If a student fails to pass both the skills demonstration and multiple-choice sections of this exam during that time, he or she will have to repeat all of their training. In order to be eligible for hire, a CNA must also be listed in the Montana Nurse Aide Registry.
Because of high demand for nurses aides in the surrounding area, CNA classes in Montana are mainly offered in Billings.
CNA Jobs in Montana
2011 Employment: 5,610
2018 Projected Employment: 6,490
CNA Salary in Montana
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.58
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $24,080
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Montana
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!