Federal regulations and those of the Minnesota Department of Health require CNA classes in Minnesota to include at least 75 hours of training in order to maintain full accreditation. While this coursework can generally be completed by full-time students in 5 to 8 weeks, the state has an additional requirement that certified nurses aides in training must also complete 100 hours of clinical practice before challenging the state’s certification exam. Admission to accredited courses typically requires a high school degree (or GED equivalent) and that the student be at least 18 years of age.
Once a student has completed his or her training, he or she must take and successfully pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) within 24 months in order to become certified. Failure to do so in the allotted time will force the individual to repeat all previous training. Being listed in the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry is a prerequisite for employment in the state.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in the Twin Cities area, the greatest concentration of CNA classes in Minnesota are offered in Minneapolis.
CNA Jobs in Minnesota
2011 Employment: 31,140
2018 Projected Employment: 36,380
CNA Salary in Minnesota
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.92
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $26,880
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Minnesota
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!