Federal regulations and those of the Minnesota Department of Health require CNA classes in Minnesota to include at least 75 hours of training in order to maintain full accreditation. While this coursework can generally be completed by full-time students in 5 to 8 weeks, the state has an additional requirement that certified nurses aides in training must also complete 100 hours of clinical practice before challenging the state’s certification exam. Admission to accredited courses typically requires a high school degree (or GED equivalent) and that the student be at least 18 years of age.
Once a student has completed his or her training, he or she must take and successfully pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) within 24 months in order to become certified. Failure to do so in the allotted time will force the individual to repeat all previous training. Being listed in the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry is a prerequisite for employment in the state.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in the Twin Cities area, the greatest concentration of CNA classes in Minnesota are offered in Minneapolis.
CNA Jobs in Minnesota
2011 Employment: 31,140
2018 Projected Employment: 36,380
CNA Salary in Minnesota
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.92
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $26,880
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Minnesota
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing : Executive Leader
- And more...
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.