The Missouri Deparment of Health and Senior Services and federal regulations mandate that CNA classes in Missouri feature at least 75 hours of in-class study and additionally require their students to complete 100 hours of clinical training. On average, full-time students can finish the required hours in 8 to 13 weeks. Prerequisites for admission usually consist of a high school diploma or GED certificate and being a minimum of 18 years old. Some programs may have additional requirements as well.
Students who complete their training are required to sit for the NNAAP examination within 24 months. If an individual is unable to pass both the clinical and theoretical sections of the exam during this time frame, he or she will be required to go back and retake all training in its entirety. To be eligible for employment as a CNA in Missouri, a person must also be currently listed in the Missouri Nurse Aide Registry.
Demand for nurses aides is high throughout the state of Missouri, meaning students will find CNA classes in Kansas City, St.Louis and all points in between.
CNA Jobs in Missouri
2011 Employment: 40,930
2018 Projected Employment: 43,310
CNA Salary in Missouri
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.60
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,050
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Missouri
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!