Typically lasting 8 to 13 weeks, accredited CNA classes in Mississippi must include a minimum of 75 hours of training and cover both core fundamentals of nursing and clinical skills instruction. Before challenging for certification, students are additionally mandated by the state to finish 100 hours of hands-on clinical instruction with a local health care facility. Admission to these programs most-often requires applicants to have a clean criminal record, high school diploma or GED and be at least 18 years old.
Once a student has completed training in a certified nursing program, he or she must take the NNAAP certification exam or another test recognized by the state in order to become eligible for hire as a CNA. All tests consist of both multiple-choice and skills demonstration sections, and both must be passed in order to receive a passing score overall. An additional requirement for employment is being listed in the Mississippi Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Mississippi are mainly offered in Jackson, Gulfport and Hattiesburg.
CNA Jobs in Mississippi
2011 Employment: 16,090
2018 Projected Employment: 26,390
CNA Salary in Mississippi
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $9.56
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $19,890
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Mississippi
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AS in Medical Assisting
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- AS in Medical Assisting with X-Ray Tech (Limited Scope)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associates Degree
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!