The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and federal law requires CNA classes in Michigan to include a minimum of 75 hours of training, with at least 16 of these hours devoted to classroom study of core fundamentals and 16 devoted to skills development. Student eligibility for these programs is usually contingent upon the individual holding a high school diploma or equivalent and being at least 18 years old. Some schools also have their own additional prerequisites for admission.
To become a CNA in Michigan, a graduate must post a passing score on both the skills demonstration and multiple-choice sections of the Michigan Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation within 24 months of completing his or her CNA courses. Failure to accomplish this will require the person to repeat all previous training. Securing employment as a certified nurses aide requires the person to be listed in the Michigan Nurse Aide Registry.
With the highest demand for nurses aides found in the state’s largest city, CNA classes in Michigan are mainly offered in and around Detroit.
CNA Jobs in Michigan
2011 Employment: 52,570
2018 Projected Employment: 58,240
CNA Salary in Michigan
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $12.11
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $25,190
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Michigan
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Patient Care Technician (Diploma)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Practical Nursing (Diploma)
- And more...
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Administration (AAS)
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.