In order for CNA classes in Louisiana to maintain federal and state accreditation status, they are required to feature a minimum of 80 hours of training (40 each in classroom lectures and clinical skills development). This usually requires full-time program participants an average of 6 to 12 weeks to finish. Being accepted into an accredited program requires candidates to be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Certified nursing assistant candidates in the State of Louisiana must take the NNAAP certification exam and pass both its clinical and multiple-choice sections within 24 months of completing their training courses. If the individual is unable to do this, he or she will be required to repeat their training in full. Securing employment requires all CNAs to be registered in the Louisiana Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Louisiana are mainly offered in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
CNA Jobs in Louisiana
2011 Employment: 24,000
2018 Projected Employment: 30,640
CNA Salary in Louisiana
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $9.48
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $19,700
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Louisiana
- Find your future with a degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Fortis
- Degree offered across 10 campuses in AZ, FL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX and UT
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis also offers this degree online, for students who need more flexibility
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!