According to federal and state regulations, accredited CNA classes in Kentucky must include at least 75 hours of instruction with 16 of those hours coming in hands-on, clinical skills training. This instruction can typically be completed by full-time students in 4 to 8 months. Admission to these programs usually requires applicants to be at least 18 years old and have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Individual programs may have their own requirements in addtion.
Certification in Kentucky requires graduates from accredited CNA training courses to pass the NNAAP exam or other state-recognized test within 24 months of completing their education. If an individual does not accomplish this in the stated time frame, he or she will be required to repeat all training courses. Eligibility for hire additionally requires the CNA to be registered in the Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Kentucky are mainly offered in Louisville and Lexington.
CNA Jobs in Kentucky
2011 Employment: 24,520
2018 Projected Employment: 31,620
CNA Salary in Kentucky
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.02
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,920
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Kentucky
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Clinical Specialties
- Clinical Assistant Diploma with Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).