The Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals’ Health Facilities Division and federal regulations require CNA classes in Iowa to provide at least 75 hours of training in both clinical and theoretical disciplines in order to maintain accreditation. This coursework will typically take a full-time student between 4 and 8 weeks to complete. To be admitted to an accredited program in Iowa, applicants are required to have completed high school with either a diploma or GED, and be at least 18 years old. Some institutions have their own individual requirements in addition to these.
Becoming certified as a CNA in Iowa requires program graduates to pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) or other state-sanctioned test within 24 months of finishing their training. If a CNA candidate is unable to meet this requirement, he or she will have to retake all training courses in their entirety. Eligibility for employment is dependent upon a CNA being listed in the Iowa Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
With demand for new nursing assistants at its highest in metropolitan areas, CNA classes in Iowa are mainly offered in Des Moines.
CNA Jobs in Iowa
2011 Employment: 20,970
2018 Projected Employment: 27,870
CNA Salary in Iowa
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.70
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $24,330
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Iowa
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Diploma: Practical Nursing
- Diploma: Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).