The Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals’ Health Facilities Division and federal regulations require CNA classes in Iowa to provide at least 75 hours of training in both clinical and theoretical disciplines in order to maintain accreditation. This coursework will typically take a full-time student between 4 and 8 weeks to complete. To be admitted to an accredited program in Iowa, applicants are required to have completed high school with either a diploma or GED, and be at least 18 years old. Some institutions have their own individual requirements in addition to these.
Becoming certified as a CNA in Iowa requires program graduates to pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) or other state-sanctioned test within 24 months of finishing their training. If a CNA candidate is unable to meet this requirement, he or she will have to retake all training courses in their entirety. Eligibility for employment is dependent upon a CNA being listed in the Iowa Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
With demand for new nursing assistants at its highest in metropolitan areas, CNA classes in Iowa are mainly offered in Des Moines.
CNA Jobs in Iowa
2011 Employment: 20,970
2018 Projected Employment: 27,870
CNA Salary in Iowa
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.70
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $24,330
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Iowa
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!