The Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals’ Health Facilities Division and federal regulations require CNA classes in Iowa to provide at least 75 hours of training in both clinical and theoretical disciplines in order to maintain accreditation. This coursework will typically take a full-time student between 4 and 8 weeks to complete. To be admitted to an accredited program in Iowa, applicants are required to have completed high school with either a diploma or GED, and be at least 18 years old. Some institutions have their own individual requirements in addition to these.
Becoming certified as a CNA in Iowa requires program graduates to pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) or other state-sanctioned test within 24 months of finishing their training. If a CNA candidate is unable to meet this requirement, he or she will have to retake all training courses in their entirety. Eligibility for employment is dependent upon a CNA being listed in the Iowa Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
With demand for new nursing assistants at its highest in metropolitan areas, CNA classes in Iowa are mainly offered in Des Moines.
CNA Jobs in Iowa
2011 Employment: 20,970
2018 Projected Employment: 27,870
CNA Salary in Iowa
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.70
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $24,330
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Iowa
- Medical Assistant
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.