The Indiana State Department of Health and federal guidelines require CNA classes in Indiana to include a minimum of 105 hours of training in both classroom lecture and clinical training. For full-time students, this training can usually be finished in 5 to 8 weeks. In order to be admitted to an accredited CNA course in Indiana, applicants must usually be at least 18 years old and have either a high school diploma or GED. Some institutions have their own requirements in addition to these.
Upon completion of an accredited training program, prospective CNAs must sit for the NNAAP certification exam. This test must be taken with two years of their course completion date, and both the theory and clinical portions must be passed in order to earn certification. In order for a CNA to gain employment in Indiana, he or she must additionally be registered with the Indiana Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Thanks to record demand for nurses aides in specific parts of the state, CNA classes in Indiana are mainly offered in Indianapolis, Fort Wayne and Lafayette.
CNA Jobs in Indiana
2011 Employment: 35,100
2018 Projected Employment: 38,710
CNA Salary in Indiana
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.27
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $23,430
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Indiana
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Dental Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Clinical Specialties
- Clinical Assistant Diploma with Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- And more...
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!