Federal requirements and those of the Illinois Department of Public Health mandate that CNA classes in Illinois include a minimum of 48 hours of training each in supervised clinical training, hands-on skills instruction and classroom study. These 144 hours of study can usually be completed by full-time program participants in 6 to 12 weeks. Program prerequisites are usually a high school diploma or GED, a clean criminal record, and that the applicant be 18 years old.
After completing their CNA training, prospective nurses aides have 24 months to pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) and earn their certification. If the individual is unable to sit for the test, or fails to pass both of its sections (multiple choice and clinical) within this time, he or she will be required to retake all of their training coursework. Securing employment as a CNA requires the individual to also be registered in the Illinois Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
With record demand for nurses assistants all across the state, CNA classes in Illinois can be found everywhere from Chicago to Rockford, Bloomington, Peoria and Springfield.
CNA Jobs in Illinois
2011 Employment: 60,070
2018 Projected Employment: 73,160
CNA Salary in Illinois
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $11.91
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $24,770
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Illinois
- Medical Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!