In order for CNA classes in Idaho to meet state and federal accreditation standards, they are required to feature at least 120 hours of clinical and theory training. On average, these programs will last between 6 and 10 weeks for full-time pupils. To gain admittance to an accredited CNA course in Idaho, students are required to hold a high school diploma or its equivalent, and be at least 18 years of age. There may also be specific requirements in addition to these for select programs.
Becoming certified as a CNA in Idaho requires graduates to pass both the clinical and multiple-choice sections of the NATCEP exam within 24 months of finishing their training. Failure to pass the exam in this time period means that the student must retake his or her CNA coursework in its entirety. To be hired to work as a certified nursing assistant, it is also necessary for the individual to become listed in the Idaho Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Idaho are mainly offered in Boise.
CNA Jobs in Idaho
2011 Employment: 7,200
2018 Projected Employment: 9,300
CNA Salary in Idaho
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.89
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,700
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Idaho
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!