In order for CNA classes in Idaho to meet state and federal accreditation standards, they are required to feature at least 120 hours of clinical and theory training. On average, these programs will last between 6 and 10 weeks for full-time pupils. To gain admittance to an accredited CNA course in Idaho, students are required to hold a high school diploma or its equivalent, and be at least 18 years of age. There may also be specific requirements in addition to these for select programs.
Becoming certified as a CNA in Idaho requires graduates to pass both the clinical and multiple-choice sections of the NATCEP exam within 24 months of finishing their training. Failure to pass the exam in this time period means that the student must retake his or her CNA coursework in its entirety. To be hired to work as a certified nursing assistant, it is also necessary for the individual to become listed in the Idaho Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Idaho are mainly offered in Boise.
CNA Jobs in Idaho
2011 Employment: 7,200
2018 Projected Employment: 9,300
CNA Salary in Idaho
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.89
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $22,700
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Idaho
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from the Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences in as few as 20 months. As a student, you will attend live online classes and gain clinical experience at sites in or near your community, secured with the assistance of a dedicated clinical placement team. Accredited by CCNE, the program offers part-time and full-time options to prepare you for certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!