Accredited CNA classes in Hawaii meet state and federal guidelines by requiring their students to complete at least 100 hours of study (70 of which must be spent in clinical training). On average, full-time students can complete these courses in 6 to 12 weeks. Admission to CNA programs typically requires applicants to be at least 18 years old and have either a high school diploma or GED. Some programs have their own additional requirements as well.
All graduates from CNA courses in Hawaii are required to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) and successfully pass both the theoretical and clinical halves of the exam in order to become certified. This test must be taken within 24 months of graduation from an accredited program. Employment as a certified nursing assistant requires the person to be currently listed in the Hawaii Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in the city, CNA classes in Hawaii are mainly offered in Honululu.
CNA Jobs in Hawaii
2011 Employment: 4,970
2018 Projected Employment: 6,160
CNA Salary in Hawaii
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $14.32
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $29,800
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Hawaii
With the intentional structuring of the curricula in the caring science based upon the work of nurse theorist Dr. Jean Watson, our faculty are here to support you on your journey to academic and professional success, and inspire you to BE COMPASSIONATE as you provide nursing care to patients and their families. The Nevada State College School of Nursing Bachelor of Science in nursing program is nationally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- RN to BSN Online
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!