Accredited CNA classes in Hawaii meet state and federal guidelines by requiring their students to complete at least 100 hours of study (70 of which must be spent in clinical training). On average, full-time students can complete these courses in 6 to 12 weeks. Admission to CNA programs typically requires applicants to be at least 18 years old and have either a high school diploma or GED. Some programs have their own additional requirements as well.
All graduates from CNA courses in Hawaii are required to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) and successfully pass both the theoretical and clinical halves of the exam in order to become certified. This test must be taken within 24 months of graduation from an accredited program. Employment as a certified nursing assistant requires the person to be currently listed in the Hawaii Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in the city, CNA classes in Hawaii are mainly offered in Honululu.
CNA Jobs in Hawaii
2011 Employment: 4,970
2018 Projected Employment: 6,160
CNA Salary in Hawaii
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $14.32
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $29,800
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Hawaii
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!