Accredited CNA classes in Hawaii meet state and federal guidelines by requiring their students to complete at least 100 hours of study (70 of which must be spent in clinical training). On average, full-time students can complete these courses in 6 to 12 weeks. Admission to CNA programs typically requires applicants to be at least 18 years old and have either a high school diploma or GED. Some programs have their own additional requirements as well.
All graduates from CNA courses in Hawaii are required to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) and successfully pass both the theoretical and clinical halves of the exam in order to become certified. This test must be taken within 24 months of graduation from an accredited program. Employment as a certified nursing assistant requires the person to be currently listed in the Hawaii Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in the city, CNA classes in Hawaii are mainly offered in Honululu.
CNA Jobs in Hawaii
2011 Employment: 4,970
2018 Projected Employment: 6,160
CNA Salary in Hawaii
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $14.32
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $29,800
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Hawaii
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!