Accredited CNA classes in Hawaii meet state and federal guidelines by requiring their students to complete at least 100 hours of study (70 of which must be spent in clinical training). On average, full-time students can complete these courses in 6 to 12 weeks. Admission to CNA programs typically requires applicants to be at least 18 years old and have either a high school diploma or GED. Some programs have their own additional requirements as well.
All graduates from CNA courses in Hawaii are required to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) and successfully pass both the theoretical and clinical halves of the exam in order to become certified. This test must be taken within 24 months of graduation from an accredited program. Employment as a certified nursing assistant requires the person to be currently listed in the Hawaii Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in the city, CNA classes in Hawaii are mainly offered in Honululu.
CNA Jobs in Hawaii
2011 Employment: 4,970
2018 Projected Employment: 6,160
CNA Salary in Hawaii
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $14.32
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $29,800
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Hawaii
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Build a better future for yourself—and the world. This is the place where students graduate not only poised for career success—but also ready to make a difference in their communities.
- Post Masters Certificate Nursing
- Doctoral Nursing
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!