The state requires CNA classes in Georgia to consist of at least 85 hours in theoretical and clinical training for their certified nursing assistant candidates. The curriculum, which must furthermore be approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing, generally takes full-time students an average of 6 to 12 weeks to complete. Applicants to approved programs usually need a high school diploma or its equivalent (i.e. GED) and have to be at least 18 years of age in order to be accepted. Some schools augment these requirements with their own as well.
To become certified as a CNA in Georgia, it is necessary to pass both the clinical and theoretical portions of the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP). Program graduates are eligible to sit for this exam up to two years after finishing their studies. If they do not take, and pass, the exam in this time frame, they will be required to start over and retake their CNA classes. Working as a certified nursing assistant additionally requires that an individual be listed in the Georgia Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Georgia are mainly offered in Atlanta, Columbus and Augusta.
CNA Jobs in Georgia
2011 Employment: 35,670
2018 Projected Employment: 48,797
CNA Salary in Georgia
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.36
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,550
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Georgia
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Respiratory Therapy
- Medical Clinical Assistant
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!