The state requires CNA classes in Georgia to consist of at least 85 hours in theoretical and clinical training for their certified nursing assistant candidates. The curriculum, which must furthermore be approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing, generally takes full-time students an average of 6 to 12 weeks to complete. Applicants to approved programs usually need a high school diploma or its equivalent (i.e. GED) and have to be at least 18 years of age in order to be accepted. Some schools augment these requirements with their own as well.
To become certified as a CNA in Georgia, it is necessary to pass both the clinical and theoretical portions of the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP). Program graduates are eligible to sit for this exam up to two years after finishing their studies. If they do not take, and pass, the exam in this time frame, they will be required to start over and retake their CNA classes. Working as a certified nursing assistant additionally requires that an individual be listed in the Georgia Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Georgia are mainly offered in Atlanta, Columbus and Augusta.
CNA Jobs in Georgia
2011 Employment: 35,670
2018 Projected Employment: 48,797
CNA Salary in Georgia
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.36
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,550
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Georgia
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.