The state requires CNA classes in Georgia to consist of at least 85 hours in theoretical and clinical training for their certified nursing assistant candidates. The curriculum, which must furthermore be approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing, generally takes full-time students an average of 6 to 12 weeks to complete. Applicants to approved programs usually need a high school diploma or its equivalent (i.e. GED) and have to be at least 18 years of age in order to be accepted. Some schools augment these requirements with their own as well.
To become certified as a CNA in Georgia, it is necessary to pass both the clinical and theoretical portions of the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP). Program graduates are eligible to sit for this exam up to two years after finishing their studies. If they do not take, and pass, the exam in this time frame, they will be required to start over and retake their CNA classes. Working as a certified nursing assistant additionally requires that an individual be listed in the Georgia Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Georgia are mainly offered in Atlanta, Columbus and Augusta.
CNA Jobs in Georgia
2011 Employment: 35,670
2018 Projected Employment: 48,797
CNA Salary in Georgia
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.36
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,550
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Georgia
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Nursing
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Respiratory Therapy
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!