Due to a combination of state and federal guidelines, CNA classes in Delaware must contain a minimum of 150 hours of instruction in order to maintain their accreditation status. These hours are evenly divided between clinical and classroom theory training, and will usually take a full-time student 8 to 13 weeks to complete. The majority of programs require applicants to hold a high school diploma or GED, and be at least 18 years old. There may be additional specific requirements for some programs.
Students who complete their CNA training are immediately eligible to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) which includes both a skills demonstration and multiple-choice knowledge test. Passing scores on both halves of the exam are necessary in order to become certified. Securing employment after certification requires that the individual be listed and in good standing with the Delaware Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Delaware are mainly offered in Wilmington and Dover.
CNA Jobs in Delaware
2011 Employment: 5,660
2018 Projected Employment: 6,740
CNA Salary in Delaware
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.18
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,410
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Delaware
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Advance your career at Dawn Career Institute. Gain the specialized knowledge and skills to help prepare you for a new career quickly and conveniently.
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assisting Online
- Medical Assisting
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!