Due to a combination of state and federal guidelines, CNA classes in Delaware must contain a minimum of 150 hours of instruction in order to maintain their accreditation status. These hours are evenly divided between clinical and classroom theory training, and will usually take a full-time student 8 to 13 weeks to complete. The majority of programs require applicants to hold a high school diploma or GED, and be at least 18 years old. There may be additional specific requirements for some programs.
Students who complete their CNA training are immediately eligible to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) which includes both a skills demonstration and multiple-choice knowledge test. Passing scores on both halves of the exam are necessary in order to become certified. Securing employment after certification requires that the individual be listed and in good standing with the Delaware Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Delaware are mainly offered in Wilmington and Dover.
CNA Jobs in Delaware
2011 Employment: 5,660
2018 Projected Employment: 6,740
CNA Salary in Delaware
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.18
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,410
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Delaware
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Dental Assistant
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!