The Colorado Board of Nursing and federal regulations mandate that CNA classes in Colorado include at least 75 hours of theoretical study and 25 hours of clinical training. Most accredited programs require an average of 6 to 12 weeks to complete for full-time students. Typical program prerequisites are a high school diploma or its equivalent, and that the applicant be at least 18 years old. Additional requirements may be included by some schools.
Graduates from accredited programs must test for certification with the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) with two years of completing their studies, or they will be required to retake all of their training courses. Passing the exam requires posting a passing score on both the theory and skills demonstration portions of the test. In order to be eligible for hire within the state, individuals must be registered with the Colorado Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Colorado are mainly offered in Denver and Colorado Springs.
CNA Jobs in Colorado
2011 Employment: 18,370
2018 Projected Employment: 24,961
CNA Salary in Colorado
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.16
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,370
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Colorado
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- And more...
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!