The Colorado Board of Nursing and federal regulations mandate that CNA classes in Colorado include at least 75 hours of theoretical study and 25 hours of clinical training. Most accredited programs require an average of 6 to 12 weeks to complete for full-time students. Typical program prerequisites are a high school diploma or its equivalent, and that the applicant be at least 18 years old. Additional requirements may be included by some schools.
Graduates from accredited programs must test for certification with the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) with two years of completing their studies, or they will be required to retake all of their training courses. Passing the exam requires posting a passing score on both the theory and skills demonstration portions of the test. In order to be eligible for hire within the state, individuals must be registered with the Colorado Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Colorado are mainly offered in Denver and Colorado Springs.
CNA Jobs in Colorado
2011 Employment: 18,370
2018 Projected Employment: 24,961
CNA Salary in Colorado
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.16
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,370
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Colorado
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Nursing Assistant (Pueblo)
- Dental Assistant
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.