The Colorado Board of Nursing and federal regulations mandate that CNA classes in Colorado include at least 75 hours of theoretical study and 25 hours of clinical training. Most accredited programs require an average of 6 to 12 weeks to complete for full-time students. Typical program prerequisites are a high school diploma or its equivalent, and that the applicant be at least 18 years old. Additional requirements may be included by some schools.
Graduates from accredited programs must test for certification with the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) with two years of completing their studies, or they will be required to retake all of their training courses. Passing the exam requires posting a passing score on both the theory and skills demonstration portions of the test. In order to be eligible for hire within the state, individuals must be registered with the Colorado Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Colorado are mainly offered in Denver and Colorado Springs.
CNA Jobs in Colorado
2011 Employment: 18,370
2018 Projected Employment: 24,961
CNA Salary in Colorado
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.16
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,370
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Colorado
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!