The Colorado Board of Nursing and federal regulations mandate that CNA classes in Colorado include at least 75 hours of theoretical study and 25 hours of clinical training. Most accredited programs require an average of 6 to 12 weeks to complete for full-time students. Typical program prerequisites are a high school diploma or its equivalent, and that the applicant be at least 18 years old. Additional requirements may be included by some schools.
Graduates from accredited programs must test for certification with the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) with two years of completing their studies, or they will be required to retake all of their training courses. Passing the exam requires posting a passing score on both the theory and skills demonstration portions of the test. In order to be eligible for hire within the state, individuals must be registered with the Colorado Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Colorado are mainly offered in Denver and Colorado Springs.
CNA Jobs in Colorado
2011 Employment: 18,370
2018 Projected Employment: 24,961
CNA Salary in Colorado
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.16
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,370
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Colorado
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- And more...
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Certificate-Expanded Duties Dental Assisting
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.