In order to comply with the requirements of the California Department of Public Health and federal regulations, CNA classes in California must contain at least 160 hours of total study (70 of which must be in-class theoretical training). The typical accredited program will take full-time students 8 to 13 weeks on average to complete. Program admission standards usually include that all applicants hold at least a high school degree or GED, and be 18 years of age or older. Select programs may have their own additional prerequisites.
To become certified after graduation, individuals must take and pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) within 24 months of the end of their classes. If they do not successfully pass both the written/oral and skills demonstration portions of the exam within this time frame, they will be required to retake their CNA training. To become employed as a certified nursing assistant it is necessary to be listed in the California Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
There is high demand for certified nursing assistants throughout the state, so CNA classes in California are easily found everywhere from San Diego to Los Angeles to Sacramento, and all points in-between.
CNA Jobs in California
2011 Employment: 107,950
2018 Projected Employment: 180,720
CNA Salary in California
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.94
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $28,990
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in California
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Respiratory Therapy
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Office Specialist (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Assistant
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
Trade schools in Los Angeles are built on a solid foundation of academic experience, especially Advanced College in South Gate. The founders of Advanced College have 40 years of experience when they opened their own institute of higher learning in 1999, which means Advanced College was student-oriented from day one. Our reputation as a leading vocational nursing & Allied Health school in Los Angeles is well-established, but that is just the beginning. Our expansive South Gate Campus has grown in our time as a school in order to make room for our daily operations. However, our expansion goes beyond the boundaries of our walls.
- Medical Billing Assistant - Certificate
- Physical Therapy Aide - Certificate
- Medical Front Office Assistant - Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate (MSN to FNP)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- LVN to BSN