To maintain accredited status, CNA classes in Arizona must meet the federal and Arizona State Board of Nursing requirements of at least 120 hours of instruction (made-up of a combination of theoretical and clinical skills training). It should be expected that an accredited CNA training course will require between 8 and 13 weeks to complete for full-time enrollees. Standard admission prerequisites in Arizona are that the student be at least 16 years of age and be a high school graduate or hold a GED. Some programs have their own specific requirements in addition to these.
Graduates from accredited programs must sit for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) within two years of completing their CNA training. Passing the exam requires a score of at least 75% on both the theory and skills demonstration portions of the test. In order to be eligible for employment as a CNA, the individual must then become registered with the Arizona Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Arizona are mainly offered in Phoenix, Mesa and Tucson.
CNA Jobs in Arizona
2011 Employment: 19,401
2018 Projected Employment: 22,749
CNA Salary in Arizona
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.00
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,040
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Arizona
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!