To maintain accredited status, CNA classes in Arizona must meet the federal and Arizona State Board of Nursing requirements of at least 120 hours of instruction (made-up of a combination of theoretical and clinical skills training). It should be expected that an accredited CNA training course will require between 8 and 13 weeks to complete for full-time enrollees. Standard admission prerequisites in Arizona are that the student be at least 16 years of age and be a high school graduate or hold a GED. Some programs have their own specific requirements in addition to these.
Graduates from accredited programs must sit for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) within two years of completing their CNA training. Passing the exam requires a score of at least 75% on both the theory and skills demonstration portions of the test. In order to be eligible for employment as a CNA, the individual must then become registered with the Arizona Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Arizona are mainly offered in Phoenix, Mesa and Tucson.
CNA Jobs in Arizona
2011 Employment: 19,401
2018 Projected Employment: 22,749
CNA Salary in Arizona
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.00
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,040
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Arizona
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL
World-Class Education Tailored for Working Adults
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience tailored for working adults.
- Master of Science in Nursing - MSN/MBA Dual Degree Option
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!