To maintain accredited status, CNA classes in Arizona must meet the federal and Arizona State Board of Nursing requirements of at least 120 hours of instruction (made-up of a combination of theoretical and clinical skills training). It should be expected that an accredited CNA training course will require between 8 and 13 weeks to complete for full-time enrollees. Standard admission prerequisites in Arizona are that the student be at least 16 years of age and be a high school graduate or hold a GED. Some programs have their own specific requirements in addition to these.
Graduates from accredited programs must sit for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) within two years of completing their CNA training. Passing the exam requires a score of at least 75% on both the theory and skills demonstration portions of the test. In order to be eligible for employment as a CNA, the individual must then become registered with the Arizona Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Arizona are mainly offered in Phoenix, Mesa and Tucson.
CNA Jobs in Arizona
2011 Employment: 19,401
2018 Projected Employment: 22,749
CNA Salary in Arizona
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $13.00
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $27,040
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Arizona
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Nursing- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
- Dental Assistant - DIP
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!