Federal and state regulations require CNA classes in Alaska to include a minimum of 140 hours of training (60 hours in-class, and 80 in clinical lab work). The average length of time required to complete an accredited CNA training course is 8 to 13 weeks for those students who enroll full-time. Program prerequisites may vary from one school to the next, but usually include that the applicant hold a high school diploma or equivalent (GED), and be at least 18 years of age.
Within 24 months of completing their certified nursing assistant classes, graduates are expected to test for certification through the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP). In order to be eligible for hire as a CNA in the state, individuals must be listed in the Alaska Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Due to high demand for nurses aides in local health care facilities, CNA classes in Alaska are mainly offered in Anchorage and Fairbanks.
CNA Jobs in Alaska
2011 Employment: 2,090
2018 Projected Employment: 2,450
CNA Salary in Alaska
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $16.68
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $34,700
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Alaska
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- MSN: Health Policy
- MSN: Community Health
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!