In order to be accredited by the state and satisfy federal requirements, CNA classes in Alabama are required to include at least 75 hours of instruction in health care fundamentals and 25 hours of clinical training. The majority of programs can be completed in 8 to 13 weeks by full-time students, and are offered by a variety of respected vocational schools and community organizations (including the American Red Cross). In order to be eligible for admission, students must generally hold either a high school diploma or GED, although certain programs may have their own additional prerequisites for admission as well.
Upon completion of their coursework, students become eligible to sit for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) which is administered by the Alabama State Department of Health. Students must pass both the written and hands-on, skills demonstration portion of this test in order to earn their CNA certification. To become eligible for hire as a certified nursing assistant in Alabama, students must then become listed with the Alabama Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Because of comparatively high demand for nurses aides in local job markets, CNA classes in Alabama are primarily offered at locations in Mobile and Birmingham.
CNA Jobs in Alabama
2011 Employment: 21,040
2018 Projected Employment: 26,710
CNA Salary in Alabama
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.37
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,570
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Alabama
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!