In order to be accredited by the state and satisfy federal requirements, CNA classes in Alabama are required to include at least 75 hours of instruction in health care fundamentals and 25 hours of clinical training. The majority of programs can be completed in 8 to 13 weeks by full-time students, and are offered by a variety of respected vocational schools and community organizations (including the American Red Cross). In order to be eligible for admission, students must generally hold either a high school diploma or GED, although certain programs may have their own additional prerequisites for admission as well.
Upon completion of their coursework, students become eligible to sit for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) which is administered by the Alabama State Department of Health. Students must pass both the written and hands-on, skills demonstration portion of this test in order to earn their CNA certification. To become eligible for hire as a certified nursing assistant in Alabama, students must then become listed with the Alabama Certified Nurse Aide Registry.
Because of comparatively high demand for nurses aides in local job markets, CNA classes in Alabama are primarily offered at locations in Mobile and Birmingham.
CNA Jobs in Alabama
2011 Employment: 21,040
2018 Projected Employment: 26,710
CNA Salary in Alabama
2011 Mean Hourly Wage: $10.37
2011 Annual Mean Wage: $21,570
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Recommended CNA Classes in Alabama
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's