By taking CNA classes online, you can place yourself on the fast-track to earning your nursing assistant certification without sacrificing other important aspects of your life. Online programs make it possible to complete most of your training while balancing work, parental responsibilities, and other obligations with your studies. Not only that, but some online CNA training classes can be completed in just four to six weeks!
Becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant
In order to become a Certified Nursing Assistant, you will need to earn a CNA certification. This post-secondary award is given to individuals who have passed a standardized nursing competency exam, and allows its holder to be listed on their state’s registry. In most cases, employers require a candidate to be listed in this registry before considering them for any nursing assistant position.
How Online CNA Classes Prepare You for Certification
Taking CNA classes online prepares students for their state board certification exam by providing them with the basic knowledge required to answer the multiple-choice portion of the test. Areas covered by most Certified Nursing Assistant programs include:
- Patient care principles
- Proper lab procedures
- Record keeping basics
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Communication skills
- Medical terminology
- Roles and responsibilities of different health care professionals
Please note that, in addition to the multiple-choice section of the exam, the certification test also includes a “hands-on” section. This portion of the test screens students for their aptitude and familiarity with basic patient care techniques such as bathing, feeding and assisting patients with their mobility. These skills are acquired during the clinical phase of CNA training which must be completed outside of online classes.
Who Offers the Best CNA Classes?
Regardless of your personal preferences, there is no shortage of outstanding, accredited schools that offer CNA classes online. Programs like those offered by University of Phoenix, Stratford Career Institute, Walden University, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Grand Canyon University and others are specifically tailored to providing online students with the same level of professional training that one would receive in a conventional nursing program.
CNA Program Accreditation
The most important thing to look for in a CNA certification online course is accreditation status. Any program you consider should be fully-accredited by either your state board of nursing, or a national governing body like the NLNAC (National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission). To gain recognition from one of these organizations, an institution must meet numerous academic and training standards and maintain its good standing throughout regular reviews.
Prerequisites for Nursing Assistant Schools
Regardless of whether you are interested in taking your CNA classes online or at a traditional Certified Nursing Assistant school, you will be required to show proof of either a high school degree or GED prior to enrollment. It is also quite common for schools to test applicants for basic math and English skills prior to admitting them into their programs.
Find CNA Classes Online Now!
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Nursing Field
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future
- Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!