By taking CNA classes online, you can place yourself on the fast-track to earning your nursing assistant certification without sacrificing other important aspects of your life. Online programs make it possible to complete most of your training while balancing work, parental responsibilities, and other obligations with your studies. Not only that, but some online CNA training classes can be completed in just four to six weeks!
Becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant
In order to become a Certified Nursing Assistant, you will need to earn a CNA certification. This post-secondary award is given to individuals who have passed a standardized nursing competency exam, and allows its holder to be listed on their state’s registry. In most cases, employers require a candidate to be listed in this registry before considering them for any nursing assistant position.
How Online CNA Classes Prepare You for Certification
Taking CNA classes online prepares students for their state board certification exam by providing them with the basic knowledge required to answer the multiple-choice portion of the test. Areas covered by most Certified Nursing Assistant programs include:
- Patient care principles
- Proper lab procedures
- Record keeping basics
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Communication skills
- Medical terminology
- Roles and responsibilities of different health care professionals
Please note that, in addition to the multiple-choice section of the exam, the certification test also includes a “hands-on” section. This portion of the test screens students for their aptitude and familiarity with basic patient care techniques such as bathing, feeding and assisting patients with their mobility. These skills are acquired during the clinical phase of CNA training which must be completed outside of online classes.
Who Offers the Best CNA Classes?
Regardless of your personal preferences, there is no shortage of outstanding, accredited schools that offer CNA classes online. Programs like those offered by University of Phoenix, Stratford Career Institute, Walden University, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Grand Canyon University and others are specifically tailored to providing online students with the same level of professional training that one would receive in a conventional nursing program.
CNA Program Accreditation
The most important thing to look for in a CNA certification online course is accreditation status. Any program you consider should be fully-accredited by either your state board of nursing, or a national governing body like the NLNAC (National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission). To gain recognition from one of these organizations, an institution must meet numerous academic and training standards and maintain its good standing throughout regular reviews.
Prerequisites for Nursing Assistant Schools
Regardless of whether you are interested in taking your CNA classes online or at a traditional Certified Nursing Assistant school, you will be required to show proof of either a high school degree or GED prior to enrollment. It is also quite common for schools to test applicants for basic math and English skills prior to admitting them into their programs.
Find CNA Classes Online Now!
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Put Your Finger on The Pulse. Find The Program That Beats For You!
- Get Matched to Medical Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
- With Flexible Online and On Campus Options, We Have A Program That’s Perfect for You