By taking CNA classes online, you can place yourself on the fast-track to earning your nursing assistant certification without sacrificing other important aspects of your life. Online programs make it possible to complete most of your training while balancing work, parental responsibilities, and other obligations with your studies. Not only that, but some online CNA training classes can be completed in just four to six weeks!
Becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant
In order to become a Certified Nursing Assistant, you will need to earn a CNA certification. This post-secondary award is given to individuals who have passed a standardized nursing competency exam, and allows its holder to be listed on their state’s registry. In most cases, employers require a candidate to be listed in this registry before considering them for any nursing assistant position.
How Online CNA Classes Prepare You for Certification
Taking CNA classes online prepares students for their state board certification exam by providing them with the basic knowledge required to answer the multiple-choice portion of the test. Areas covered by most Certified Nursing Assistant programs include:
- Patient care principles
- Proper lab procedures
- Record keeping basics
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Communication skills
- Medical terminology
- Roles and responsibilities of different health care professionals
Please note that, in addition to the multiple-choice section of the exam, the certification test also includes a “hands-on” section. This portion of the test screens students for their aptitude and familiarity with basic patient care techniques such as bathing, feeding and assisting patients with their mobility. These skills are acquired during the clinical phase of CNA training which must be completed outside of online classes.
Who Offers the Best CNA Classes?
Regardless of your personal preferences, there is no shortage of outstanding, accredited schools that offer CNA classes online. Programs like those offered by University of Phoenix, Stratford Career Institute, Walden University, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Grand Canyon University and others are specifically tailored to providing online students with the same level of professional training that one would receive in a conventional nursing program.
CNA Program Accreditation
The most important thing to look for in a CNA certification online course is accreditation status. Any program you consider should be fully-accredited by either your state board of nursing, or a national governing body like the NLNAC (National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission). To gain recognition from one of these organizations, an institution must meet numerous academic and training standards and maintain its good standing throughout regular reviews.
Prerequisites for Nursing Assistant Schools
Regardless of whether you are interested in taking your CNA classes online or at a traditional Certified Nursing Assistant school, you will be required to show proof of either a high school degree or GED prior to enrollment. It is also quite common for schools to test applicants for basic math and English skills prior to admitting them into their programs.
Find CNA Classes Online Now!
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
- Dental Assistant Diploma
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- Respiratory Therapy
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner Specialization (RN-MSN)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Education (Bridge)