By taking CNA classes online, you can place yourself on the fast-track to earning your nursing assistant certification without sacrificing other important aspects of your life. Online programs make it possible to complete most of your training while balancing work, parental responsibilities, and other obligations with your studies. Not only that, but some online CNA training classes can be completed in just four to six weeks!
Becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant
In order to become a Certified Nursing Assistant, you will need to earn a CNA certification. This post-secondary award is given to individuals who have passed a standardized nursing competency exam, and allows its holder to be listed on their state’s registry. In most cases, employers require a candidate to be listed in this registry before considering them for any nursing assistant position.
How Online CNA Classes Prepare You for Certification
Taking CNA classes online prepares students for their state board certification exam by providing them with the basic knowledge required to answer the multiple-choice portion of the test. Areas covered by most Certified Nursing Assistant programs include:
- Patient care principles
- Proper lab procedures
- Record keeping basics
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Communication skills
- Medical terminology
- Roles and responsibilities of different health care professionals
Please note that, in addition to the multiple-choice section of the exam, the certification test also includes a “hands-on” section. This portion of the test screens students for their aptitude and familiarity with basic patient care techniques such as bathing, feeding and assisting patients with their mobility. These skills are acquired during the clinical phase of CNA training which must be completed outside of online classes.
Who Offers the Best CNA Classes?
Regardless of your personal preferences, there is no shortage of outstanding, accredited schools that offer CNA classes online. Programs like those offered by University of Phoenix, Stratford Career Institute, Walden University, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Grand Canyon University and others are specifically tailored to providing online students with the same level of professional training that one would receive in a conventional nursing program.
CNA Program Accreditation
The most important thing to look for in a CNA certification online course is accreditation status. Any program you consider should be fully-accredited by either your state board of nursing, or a national governing body like the NLNAC (National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission). To gain recognition from one of these organizations, an institution must meet numerous academic and training standards and maintain its good standing throughout regular reviews.
Prerequisites for Nursing Assistant Schools
Regardless of whether you are interested in taking your CNA classes online or at a traditional Certified Nursing Assistant school, you will be required to show proof of either a high school degree or GED prior to enrollment. It is also quite common for schools to test applicants for basic math and English skills prior to admitting them into their programs.
Find CNA Classes Online Now!
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College Online. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, medical, legal, and computer technology fields. Our programs offer hands-on education and classroom discussions.
- Medical Assisting - Administrative, Associates Degree
Orion College is a post-secondary vocational school offering Associate Degree programs in Business Administration, Medical Assisting and Healthcare Management.. By utilizing online learning, students have the flexibility to continue their education from the convenience of their own home. Our virtual classrooms will enable students to attend classes and communicate with instructors and classmates. Students can complete some programs without leaving their current employment or sacrificing family time.
- Medical Assisting