By taking CNA classes online, you can place yourself on the fast-track to earning your nursing assistant certification without sacrificing other important aspects of your life. Online programs make it possible to complete most of your training while balancing work, parental responsibilities, and other obligations with your studies. Not only that, but some online CNA training classes can be completed in just four to six weeks!
Becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant
In order to become a Certified Nursing Assistant, you will need to earn a CNA certification. This post-secondary award is given to individuals who have passed a standardized nursing competency exam, and allows its holder to be listed on their state’s registry. In most cases, employers require a candidate to be listed in this registry before considering them for any nursing assistant position.
How Online CNA Classes Prepare You for Certification
Taking CNA classes online prepares students for their state board certification exam by providing them with the basic knowledge required to answer the multiple-choice portion of the test. Areas covered by most Certified Nursing Assistant programs include:
- Patient care principles
- Proper lab procedures
- Record keeping basics
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Communication skills
- Medical terminology
- Roles and responsibilities of different health care professionals
Please note that, in addition to the multiple-choice section of the exam, the certification test also includes a “hands-on” section. This portion of the test screens students for their aptitude and familiarity with basic patient care techniques such as bathing, feeding and assisting patients with their mobility. These skills are acquired during the clinical phase of CNA training which must be completed outside of online classes.
Who Offers the Best CNA Classes?
Regardless of your personal preferences, there is no shortage of outstanding, accredited schools that offer CNA classes online. Programs like those offered by University of Phoenix, Stratford Career Institute, Walden University, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Grand Canyon University and others are specifically tailored to providing online students with the same level of professional training that one would receive in a conventional nursing program.
CNA Program Accreditation
The most important thing to look for in a CNA certification online course is accreditation status. Any program you consider should be fully-accredited by either your state board of nursing, or a national governing body like the NLNAC (National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission). To gain recognition from one of these organizations, an institution must meet numerous academic and training standards and maintain its good standing throughout regular reviews.
Prerequisites for Nursing Assistant Schools
Regardless of whether you are interested in taking your CNA classes online or at a traditional Certified Nursing Assistant school, you will be required to show proof of either a high school degree or GED prior to enrollment. It is also quite common for schools to test applicants for basic math and English skills prior to admitting them into their programs.
Find CNA Classes Online Now!
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Public Health (Bridge)
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (PGC)
- Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner Specialization (RN-MSN)
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management