If you’re interested in an entry-level career in healthcare that doesn’t require a college degree or years in school, CNA classes in Martinez CA can help you get started. Certified Nursing Assistants are in great demand right now and, because of the growing number of senior citizens in the system, demand for their skills is only expected increase in the future. You can become a CNA in as little three months by enrolling in CNA training programs in Martinez CA today.
About CNA Classes in Martinez CA
Before you can begin your career as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Aide (CNA), you must finish a training program recognized by the CCNE, NLNAC or another national accrediting organization. Accredited programs typically have almost the same curriculum and are designed to prepare students for their state’s certification exam.
Themes covered in these courses usually include:
- Basics of direct patient care
- Medical terminology
- Laboratory protocol and procedures
- Clinical training with live patients
- Fundamental biology, physiology and anatomy courses
Recommended CNA Classes in Martinez CA
- Vocational Nursing Program*
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- MS in Nursing
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Nursing (RN completion to BS) (RN req.)
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Employment Projections for Certified Nursing Assistants
Nurse Aides and Nursing Assistants are expected to make-up a larger percentage of the on-site staff at many healthcare facilities in the future. Per the latest projections from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for Nursing Aides, Orderlies and Attendants is projected to result in a 20% increase in new jobs by 2020, and the number of CNA jobs in Martinez CA should follow this trend.
CNA Salary Data – Today & The Future
According to the www.bls.gov, the median salary for Certified Nurse Aides was $24,010 in 2010. If you work as a CNA in Martinez CA, this number might be slightly higher or lower depending upon your:
- Amount of experience
- Employer (hospital, physician’s office, etc.)
- Additional certifications (e.g. BLS)
What About CNA Classes Online?
As you may have heard, it is possible to take CNA classes online which provide the same theoretical training you would receive through a traditional course. It is important to note, however, that you will still have to complete your clinical trials and training at an on-site location designated by the school.
Becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant – Where to Start
The steps involved in becoming a CNA are actually quite simple. The following four steps are basically all that is required:
- Complete an accredited training program
- Finish your required clinical hours
- Pass your state’s certification exam
- Get listed in your state registry
The amount of time required to complete the entire certification process varies somewhat from program to program, and can range from a matter of weeks to six months. For specific information on becoming certified in your state, we recommend that you contact one of the available CNA classes in Martinez CA listed on this page and speak to a representative.