If you’re interested in an entry-level career in healthcare that doesn’t require a college degree or years in school, CNA classes in Martinez CA can help you get started. Certified Nursing Assistants are in great demand right now and, because of the growing number of senior citizens in the system, demand for their skills is only expected increase in the future. You can become a CNA in as little three months by enrolling in CNA training programs in Martinez CA today.
About CNA Classes in Martinez CA
Before you can begin your career as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Aide (CNA), you must finish a training program recognized by the CCNE, NLNAC or another national accrediting organization. Accredited programs typically have almost the same curriculum and are designed to prepare students for their state’s certification exam.
Themes covered in these courses usually include:
- Basics of direct patient care
- Medical terminology
- Laboratory protocol and procedures
- Clinical training with live patients
- Fundamental biology, physiology and anatomy courses
Recommended CNA Classes in Martinez CA
Elevate Your Life
If you’re willing to put in the work, take each step with determination, and never stop climbing, Summit College can help you elevate your education – and elevate your life.
We appreciate that every student’s climb is different. We’ve seen firsthand the need for individualized, personal support for every student. And that’s what we’re here for. To support your climb, in any form it may take.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse -- Evening
- Licensed Vocational Nurse - Days
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Medical Assistant
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Vocational Nursing
- Medical Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- And more...
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Vocational Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Vocational Nursing Program*
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Employment Projections for Certified Nursing Assistants
Nurse Aides and Nursing Assistants are expected to make-up a larger percentage of the on-site staff at many healthcare facilities in the future. Per the latest projections from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for Nursing Aides, Orderlies and Attendants is projected to result in a 20% increase in new jobs by 2020, and the number of CNA jobs in Martinez CA should follow this trend.
CNA Salary Data – Today & The Future
According to the www.bls.gov, the median salary for Certified Nurse Aides was $24,010 in 2010. If you work as a CNA in Martinez CA, this number might be slightly higher or lower depending upon your:
- Amount of experience
- Employer (hospital, physician’s office, etc.)
- Additional certifications (e.g. BLS)
What About CNA Classes Online?
As you may have heard, it is possible to take CNA classes online which provide the same theoretical training you would receive through a traditional course. It is important to note, however, that you will still have to complete your clinical trials and training at an on-site location designated by the school.
Becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant – Where to Start
The steps involved in becoming a CNA are actually quite simple. The following four steps are basically all that is required:
- Complete an accredited training program
- Finish your required clinical hours
- Pass your state’s certification exam
- Get listed in your state registry
The amount of time required to complete the entire certification process varies somewhat from program to program, and can range from a matter of weeks to six months. For specific information on becoming certified in your state, we recommend that you contact one of the available CNA classes in Martinez CA listed on this page and speak to a representative.